Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Oh Good Lord, youtube video of a kid wrecking his eyes

I came across this video today. It is of a young kid, who should definitely not have these lasers, "reviewing" some WLs, including the E3 advertised as 300mw. He purposely reflects them off of a mirror onto his face, and past his eyes. Its painful to watch.

‪Wicked Lasers Review‬‏ - YouTube

Leave comments and send him PMs urging him to go see a doctor and to get rid of the lasers asap.

This reminds me of when I was in Myrtle Beach earlier this year. At night, there were stupid kids all up and down the beach with significantly powerful green lasers that were being sold by the beach shops. I saw one group where the kid was shining it in the faces of all of his friends repeatedly, as well as at people walking down the beach, but at least at their feet. I was shocked. I tried to find a cop, as there was no way I was about to approach them, but had no luck. There had to have been significant eye damage in that group. Its stuff like this that really makes me think that lasers should be more strictly controlled.

Last edited:

I feel awful for that kid. Watching that beam pass over his eye:(

He might have permanent damage for the rest of his life. Where the F__K are his parents:mad:

I can not imagine an individual as stupid as he. Has he no common sense? I have known five year olds who would have more care with a laser.

AAlasers

That is really hard to watch.

Reported.

On another note, that dosent look like 300 mW to me. It may just be the way the camera picks it up though. Does anyone else agree?

On another note, that dosent look like 300 mW to me. It may just be the way the camera picks it up though. Does anyone else agree?

Impossible to tell from a camera, but WL products are usually very underspec, and that specific host, has issues IIRC. Hopefully it was very underspec in this case.

It will never cease to amaze me the stupidity of some people :eek:

I know a four year old kids with more common sense than this one, amazing, I have no other words :confused:

Fenzir

That is really hard to watch.

Reported.

Well it IS WL..... and everybody randomly trusts them until they cone here ;)

But with the fair share of idiots among kids, we have a good population aswell.

I got my cousin (15) hooked on lasers, but I warned him about the dangers and gave him a 5mw green and some glasses for his birthday. I tried to get him to join here because he wants to build his own. But he's so paranoid about safety he throws on 650 glasses for a radioshack red. Can't be too safe, I guess...

Impossible to tell from a camera, but WL products are usually very underspec, and that specific host, has issues IIRC. Hopefully it was very underspec in this case.

Hopefully. I cant imagine that if it were really 300mW he wouldnt be showing off it's ability to light matches. He may just be too stupid to know that it can.

I can only hope it is 300mW the same way the video bellow is 500mW. People seem to exaggerate their laser powers.
IIRC the E3 only comes as low as 100mW and with WL that is more like 50mW. We can only hope.

Last edited:
Hopefully. I cant imagine that if it were really 300mW he wouldnt be showing off it's ability to light matches. He may just be too stupid to know that it can.

Looking over that video again... if it were live, I would judge the laser to be 100-150mW, not 300.

Also the camera perceives the dot as being quite a bit larger than what we actually see... so I hope the laser passed right over his eye.

Ears and Eggs

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Flagged both of those as "other dangerous acts". :yabbmad:

Last edited:
Poor kid, It's defiantly not 300mw, It's probably 150mw, like what other people are saying. Usually kids don't bother looking up any danger information, its like seeing a BB gun at the store, and just getting it because you want to show it off to your friends. Hopefully he will be taught the precautions and how dangerous laser's can be.

I get a kick out of watching 10 year old kids order like 6 knives, 14 lighters and 10 lasers from DX or whatever and then proceed to cut, burn and blind themselves.. Sometimes you have to take the amusement value out of these kinds of things... Seriously the kids should know better and their parents should be supervising them. As a good friend of mine says "You can't fix stupid"