Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Offroad LPM with Ophir 20C boards from J.BAUER Electronics

Offroad LPM with Ophir 20C boards from J.BAUER Electronics

Hey guys! :friend:

As you may know i recently got into lpm making. First three versions each had an improvement over the other. I ended up with a beautifull piece which had datalogging and insane battery capacity. I recently sold it (my personal LPM) since i was working with jerry on something and i don't need two lpm's.

tbzv.jpg

I got two boards from jerry at J.BAUER Electronics.

1. Board for powering the Ophir 20C head
2. Board for datalogging

mgfz.jpg

huc.jpg

I also made a project box for these. The kind you allready have seen before. Differences are that this unit will be powered from the outside and thus making it smaller. And i used the normal rocker switch again.

mkwc.jpg

ssye.jpg

ztau.jpg

I used a pop rivet to attach a RS-232 serial connector to the case (NOT VGA)

I epoxied the boards in an upright position. This way they take the least ammount of space. the datalogging board uses the signal that is sent to the LED volt meter.

I made a video where i test the meter. Also you will see how i placed the boards in this video. I tested how accurate the LED meter was in comparison to the software (eagle eye) that jerry provided.

These boards are quite efficient. Total draw of the lpm is about 0.065A of which the LED meter only draws about 0.045A.

The wall plug provides DC 12V. I also made a 3x 18650 battery pack for when a wall plug is not available.

Watch in HD :beer:

Thanks for looking! :)

Last edited:

Yeah for sure! I will keep this one and i wont be making another one any time soon unless somebody requests it or something. A lot of hours go into dremeling the box and installing/soldering/glueing the goods in.

Thanks! :beer:

Very small and clean build. I like the Video and
narration...

Gets a thumbs up from me....:gj:

Jerry

Last edited:
haha!!

That is a really great compact build.
I too can attest to the slow LCD display... those display responses are updated once every half second or so... A true RMS panel meter in mV might have been able to keep up with the output. ($$$) (laurel electronics) ---these are overkill for a project such as these.

Anyways... still a wonderful looking build.

:drool:

:thumbs:

Thanks :beer: i am not bothered with the display! Works great and if you blink you lost the benefit of mounting an even faster one :p

Greetings!