Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

offensive?

Hey Lazorman...

there is an easy test to see if something you do or say is offensive...
Ask yourself... "What would my mom say...":whistle:

Jerry

I don't find it bad but again would you want your mom or kids seeing it all the time, you never know who will be reading this. just MHO...

Peace Pyro...:eg:

people dont like the childish behavior, cursing alone is not childish behavior.

fand just because people are cursing does not mean the "techs" are going to leave. which by the way is about half the people on this site. and if you mean the main techy posters that are always trying new things then go look over at photonlexicon and see all the "old" people cursing, its not offensive unless written in an offsive manner.

Honestly it is just a word, if we were not taught to think it was bad no one would ever care.

k1kb0t

The thread should have been called "Is this an appropriate avatar." I don't have a problem with it but others do, like those with jobs who browse at work. So I thought I would personalize Lazorman's avatar for him.

FRICKINlaser.gif

Jon

just make it smaller, you dont need a huge avatar, the limit should have been set at 150px tops

From the rules:

You agree, through your use of this forum, that you will not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually-oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy,

I don't find it offensive, though I do find it inappropriate, and it is against the rules.

Kenom

I think it comes down to how you want people to see you. Do you want people to think your an uneducated person who's incapable of coming up with a true word that is not an explainative to describe what your trying to portray? Does it scream "look at how smart I am!"? If the answer to #1 is NO, and #2 is not a resounding YES then don't do it.

I understand that we have a large population of younger members and that has no bearing whatsoever on their ability to contribute to the forum in a positive manner.

I like the movie. Yes the word is a universal and commonly used one. But it just doesn't scream mature to me. :D
However there are some instances where an explainative is the ONLY way to convey the intensity your trying to convey. In this instance we use a non-vulgar misspelled version of the word we really want to use. IE Freaking or Frickin

I'll up the anty to my $.04

Last edited:
It's shoop da whoop, that's the Original Image. It should be left as it is. There are no such things as bad words.

Switch

I think it should say "Huge MOTHERF&*^( LASER" . It would make it seem huger!

lol just kidding :D

Again it might not be entirely offensive to anyone here. But it doesn't have to be, for it to be deemed inappropriate, unnecessary, or immature. Forum hosts take great pride in the maturity of the members, and conversations held on their forums. I would take it up with coldshadow...

but personally, I beleive that If you have to think twice about something, chances are, are that you shouldn't be doing it.

I think that the use of "frickin" in your current avatar gets the point across just fine. Either that, or you might try a few random symbols.

HUGE #&%^@!&# LASER

Doesn't bug me one bit because the word is "fricking" <----
When i was young i seen a lot of frick's in school...BUT
I do thank you could make a better one, one that is more original in design and a bit smaller in screen size.