Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

OEM Laser Systems is gone

Looks like we've lost another great company. I just went to their site to get a link for some goggles and saw this:

"As of 30 September, 2013, OEM Laser Systems, Inc. is out of business. We are working with an organization that is interested in carrying on the line and fulfilling any outstanding orders. We will know more very shortly."

I hope it works out for them. Thanks for the GBs on the only goggles I trust. :(

Trevor

Well damn. I should have picked up a pair of their goggles while they were still around. :(

Trevor

NO4H99

They've had messages about not selling goggles to try to catch up on previous orders for at least two months.

ARG

Yeah, they weren't selling anything for the past months to catch up on orders.

I'm really sad to see them go, nothing will beat the style 60 goggles. I don't trust sport style goggles when working with high power systems.

Wish I could have bought a few more goggles before they left.

I hadn't been to their site in awhile but that explains why I couldn't find the goggles I was searching for a couple months ago. I hope it works out with whoever they're in talks with to buy the company for the sake of Frothy and the rest of the OEM crew.

ARG

They redid their website and hasn't yet re-listed all the goggles.

I bought goggles from them during that time, I emailed them and they added it to the website catalog.

That means FrothyChimp has been laid off.

Damn. I wish he would come back.

About a year ago I tried to purchase a pair of goggles from them. Went through the online system and everything, wasn't charged and never heard anything from them. Sad to see them go but a company to doesn't acknowledge a customer who tries to give them business isn't going to survive.

Still wishing I had those glasses though.

ixfd64

I've never bought from OEM Laser Systems, but it seems it was a great company. This is definitively a major loss for the LPF community. :-(

I received an email from them in the last few days wishing me a Merry Christmas/Happy New Year with the OP's info:
"As of 30 September, 2013, OEM Laser Systems Inc. is out of business.

OEMLaserSystems.com website is now under management of Opto Engine LLC.

We are not responsible for any debts or agreements OEM Laser Systems Inc. has made with third parties.
We will offer you quality laser products with outstanding customer service.

The continuous wave laser system portion of the product catalog has been updated.
Current pricing is competitive. The lead time is also shorter."

I bought a pair of ML-7's from them more-or-less via email communication because they weren't listed on their website and have since been added. Went smoothly and had no issues with payment or shipping.

I see now they have listed on their main page a notice of the recent change, but they seem to have the same website and product available:

"New Management
Thursday, 28 November 2013 By Opto Engine LLC
OEMLaserSystems.com website is now under management of Opto Engine LLC. We will keep offering quality lasers in a time manner.:"

I wonder how this will, if any, impact their operations for awesome-goggle-delivery...

c

Last edited:
Ah good to hear they're back. I hope the new owner keeps up their past reputation.

I'd just like to take this opportunity to remind you guys that Laserglow sells high-quality, American-made, ANSI-certified laser safety goggles. We even have a 20% off discount code just for LPF members: LPFGOGS

Laserglow Technologies - Handheld Lasers, Alignment Lasers and Lab / OEM Lasers (fitover)
Laserglow Technologies - Handheld Lasers, Alignment Lasers and Lab / OEM Lasers (sport)

Woa I missed this post earlier. I will definitely look at LG next time I need some goggles.

I'd just like to take this opportunity to remind you guys that Laserglow sells high-quality, American-made, ANSI-certified laser safety goggles. We even have a 20% off discount code just for LPF members: LPFGOGS

Laserglow Technologies - Handheld Lasers, Alignment Lasers and Lab / OEM Lasers (fitover)
Laserglow Technologies - Handheld Lasers, Alignment Lasers and Lab / OEM Lasers (sport)

Wish I'd known that when I bought mine! I need a few sets still though. I'll definitely be using this I use only LGs lately...what other discounts are they hiding i wonder? XD i could've saved hundreds of dollars on equipment i bet!

Last edited:
I think Laserglow should post the filter certification for these goggles. Simply claiming they're "ANSI Certified" doesn't mean much more than saying something is "CE Certified" unless it's meeting specific specifications such as ANSI Z136 or EN 207. A filter datasheet should instead be posted for each goggle model.

It's a shame about OEM and I really wish they didn't screw up their website. They really dropped the ball on that one, and it still sucks.