Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Odin Lasers: Quality.

Hello, I recently joined LPF, and this is my first post, I have read the rules and recommendations, the do's and don'ts, etc,

I have had quite a few lasers and know a good bit about how they work, wavelengths, power, the good stuff. I stumbled upon LPF while doing research on a new laser I may want to purchase. Information on this laser is very scarce, and after days of searching I decided to sign up here, and ask a few more experienced people, how it's done.

I'm looking to purchase a laser known as "The Odin Laser 3W" from here --->

https://www.lucklaser.com/index.php...mvvURbaGWinS4qPh89jqYbEqA3owQ8WIaAnt8EALw_wcB

Now, I have purchased a similar laser, referred to as the "Sage Laser" it was pretty good, but the lens was resin, and melted. My question is, is the Odin Laser's Lens resin or glass, and if it is resin are there any other good lasers for a relatively good price ~200$ or less. I'm looking for one with a nice design. (Handheld is a requirement for me) and one that has multiple modes/ safety functions, for obvious safety purposes.

If you have any suggestions or information please either reply to the thread, or Email me at thetajohnsigma@gmail.com

Don't know anything about Luck Lasers, but from reading their ad, it sounds like a place to stay away from. It's hard to say what is in this laser as I don't believe most of what they claim. My 2 cents.

BTW, it is considered good manners to open an introduction thread first to tell us something about yourself. It would be best if you did that soon.

Last edited:
Thanks! There are other retailers of it with the same product, but that was the cheapest price. I guess paying 300$ instead to insure it is a good one is worth it. My real concern is if I buy it and it comes, when I turn it on it may start to damage the lens, not just luck laser, but anyone that carries this laser may use a resin lens, do you know of any good lasers that use glass lenses?

It's not a resin lens. It is acrylic. They are used mostly in lasers under 500 mW. Some cheap suppliers use them because they are dirt cheap and once it is sold they don't care. If you must buy one try laserpointerstore.com They are much more reputable but not overly expensive.

Last edited:
Alright, they seem pretty reputable, and have manageable prices! I'll check em out.

It's not a resin lens. It is acrylic. They are used mostly in lasers under 500 mW. Some cheap suppliers use them because they are dirt cheap and once it is sold they don't care. If you must buy one try laserpointerstore.com They are much more reputable but not overly expensive.

I have my eye(s) on the Thor Ultra 3Watt, but I haven't seen any demo's of the 3 Watt version. I have seen a demo for the 5w, but is the 3w one ACTUALLY 3w.

Good choice ! 3W, but for a 3W power it is better to have a G-2 lens
Increases the power of the 30% diode and is the only lens that does not absorb light and heat beam! but shoot all the power of the diode out :D

Last edited:

BobMc

Welcome, you might want to check out;

JETLASERS.ORG, find a selection of high power handheld lasers, dpss lasers, diode lasers and laser dazzlers - JETLASERS.ORG

https://www.sanwulasers.org/

Both are highly reputable sellers. But best wishes with what you decide. JetLasers is know to be overspec'd (higher power than listed). Just enjoy and be safe. Grab some safety glasses in the proper wavelength with that power you will be needing them. Once again welcome. :)

Ps, you might want to check into their Beam Expander's there a awesome plus. :)

Last edited:
Good choice ! 3W, but for a 3W power it is better to have a G-2 lens
Increases the power of the 30% diode and is the only lens that does not absorb light and heat beam! but shoot all the power of the diode out :D

Yeah. Unfortunately they do not offer a G-2 lens. However an optical lens doesn't melt like an acrylic would, G-2 wouldn't either, but ya know an optical is better than acrylic.

I appreciate the reply. Have you ordered from them? If so are the lasers good quality?

Welcome, you might want to check out;

JETLASERS.ORG, find a selection of high power handheld lasers, dpss lasers, diode lasers and laser dazzlers - JETLASERS.ORG

https://www.sanwulasers.org/

Both are highly thought of sellers. But best wishes with what you decide. JetLasers is know to be overspec'd (higher power than listed). Just enjoy and be safe. Grab some safety glasses in the proper wavelength with that power you will be needing them. Once again welcome. :)

Thanks! I'll check them out!

Hi ,
Your looking for a 3W+ i just built this one with a custom sink and knob takes 2-18350's/G2 lens SS Steel host. All top quality components 24 awg silicon wire..

Rich:)

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_4ab.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_4ab.jpeg
    104.6 KB · Views: 29
  • fullsizeoutput_4ac.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_4ac.jpeg
    145.4 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_3308.JPG
    IMG_3308.JPG
    225.2 KB · Views: 28
Hi ,
Your looking for a 3W+ i just built this one with a custom sink and knob takes 2-18350's/G2 lens SS Steel host. All top quality components 24 awg silicon wire..

Looks pretty high quality and nice! I'll keep it in mind!

Any other suggestions/ information. Any bit of info will help me greatly :lasergun:

Hi,
If you need a thor build i have the rear button type hosts i can build for you. I can bore out the battery tube for 2-18350's and press in a copper heat sink custom . A few pics This one has a m140 /1.8A /g2 lens. Other diodes are available just throwing out at you. Have a great day.

Attachments

• IMG_2616.JPG
    IMG_2616.JPG
    135.6 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_2615.JPG
    IMG_2615.JPG
    161.8 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_2617.JPG
    IMG_2617.JPG
    210.8 KB · Views: 30
Hi,
If you need a thor build i have the rear button type hosts i can build for you. I can bore out the battery tube for 2-18350's and press in a copper heat sink custom . A few pics This one has a m140 /1.8A /g2 lens. Other diodes are available just throwing out at you. Have a great day.

Thanks! I'll keep you in mind.

ThetaSigma , I highly recommend you to take that copper and brass jewel !!!! with a nice 6W + is like I did BINGO