Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Odd issue I want to share...{MAJOR RANT}

Well this is not a thread I wanted to read today. The first post was July 6. I ordered a BFG on July 2, partly based on positive comments I read on these forums. He also has a fairly good sales pitch. He says he tests every laser before shipping. One would assume he tests for power output reasonably close to his advertised 150mW output.

He's probably getting a lot of variation in his supplies, no doubt coming from Asia. He's probably gotten stuck with a shipment of lower power diodes - if he measures power at all. And he seems willing to stiff his customers.

Perhaps he doesn't understand the impact of that decision, and doesn't understand basic business concepts such as customer satisfaction. Had he simply said: "Sorry, be glad to replace it!" and did replace it with something close to 150mW, he would still have great reports. Now he may have lost uncounted sales from anyone reading this on this forum. And word will quickly spread to other forums.

SenKat, you, and us on these forums, actually have quite a bit of power vis-a-vis laser light-speed communication. I would advise him his response was inadequate and erroneous and everything said will be spread about a number of forums.

Suggest to him that:

* he retracts the original response,
* recognize the laser he sold was not up to the sales promises, and
* ask him to advise you, for the forums, of his corrective action plan to assure consistent quality on future sales, such as testing output power for each laser before shipping.

If he did this, all would be quickly forgiven. If he doesn't, he will loose possibly thousands of future sales.

Cheers,

-- Rev

N00B

In his favor though, he did issue me my refund as promised, so at least he isnt actively trying to scam people. Maybe he got some bad info along the road?

S

SenKat

While he MAY have received bad info along the road - it is his responsibility to ensure customer satisfaction, and to do the work needed to make sure that his product can stand up to what he boasts. I have not heard anything back from him yet concerning this, so unfortunately, it is a wait and see type of situation. Revolver - You could try to contact him and see if he has shipped yet, and you could possible cancel your order - I do not know if you would want to, or if you want to check it out, and see what is received.

One thing I can say in his favor is he shipped quickly. I'll try it out when I get it. If it seems substantially underpowered, I may ask someone to test it on a meter, then see if I can return it too.

Either way I'll post the results.

-- Rev

Kenom

one thing is for sure.  You don't have a lot of time to get it tested and rma it if there is a problem.  You might wanna have it shipped right away to someone who has the means of testing it close to you so that you know right away.  He still doesn't state on his site what the warranty period is and if I recall it was only 30 days.  Not a lot of time to play around.  I on the other hand would like to note that I am happy with the BFG I've got. Not happy over his lack of understanding of lasers or his business practice but the laser is nice.

Aseras

Daedal said:
[quote author=Aseras link=1183750738/30#32 date=1184095423]Little over 3G's.. not my money :)

Hmm... I like the sound of that tune... where can I get a sugar-daddy like that? :p

--DDL
[/quote]

write a grant proposal.

Daedal

To who? Uncle Sam takes money from me and only promises to give me some back later on... :-[

--DDL

I received my BFG today - the one I ordered on July 2. Here are my observations:

* It is brighter than my 5mW CORE pointer.
* It will begin to smoke black electrical tape after about 20 seconds from about 5 inches. But it will not burn through. It does leave a small mark on the texture of the tape.
* I can aim it directly on my skin at 1 foot for 30 seconds and not feel anything.
* I was able to light a sharpied match from 4 inches, but it took 100 seconds.

Based on these observations, I suspect this is closer to 50mW than 150 mW. Does anyone think this is 150mW?

Looks like I will be sending a nice letter tomorrow asking for a verified replacement or a refund.

Cheers,
-- Dan

Kenom

I would say that that is waay below specs. I can shine my BFG at my arm from 3feet away and it will sting. Mine will cut through electrical tape (slowly) at 5 inches and burns a sharpied match at 3ft away in a minute or so.

Kenom

Sorry had to post this here as well.

There is no doubt in my mind now that this man is in the process of committing financial suicide. There is no way that a company can provide this horrible of customer service and survive. It just doesn't happen. I know he comes to these forums occasionally and has I've no doubt seen the recent criticism of his company and it's practices. Unless he doesn't wanna sell any more lasers he needs to step up his game and start providing for his customers like any decent business. Without customers there is NO BUSINESS. So here is my call to him which I know he will eventually see.

STEP UP TO THE PLATE AND HONOR THE CLAIMS YOUR MAKING ON YOUR LASER OR BOW OUT NOW. WE WILL RUN YOU OUT OF BUSINESS. YOU THINK A FEW PEOPLE ON A FORUM ARE INSIGNIFICANT BUT I ASSURE YOU, WE ARE THE ONES WHO MADE IT POSSIBLE FOR YOU TO START A BUSINESS. WITHOUT US THERE IS NO YOU. WE KNOW OTHERS AND THOSE OTHERS KNOW OTHERS AND SO ON. WORD OF MOUTH TRAVELS INSTANTLY ON THE INTERNET. BLOGS WILL POP UP EVERYWHERE AND YOU WILL BE RUINED. NOW IS YOUR CHANCE TO BE A PERSON OF INTEGRITY AND HONOR. DO THE RIGHT THING!

P

Placebo

NOW I see what Senkat was so irate about! I'm pissed too!

I got an idea. No promises, but stay turned. Revolvr--PM sent.