Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

O-like with cheap 400mW greenies?

Now 5:51 P.M Nov 2 the site shows a 18650 cell and charger included. :pop:
I sure wish they would throw in that case too dang it.

Last edited:

Have mailed Susie and asked about her opinion.

If she accepts a replacement I may actually ask to pay a bit extra to receive a 350mW New portable Green laser torch [OLNGL300] - $239.99 : Welcome to O-Like.com, Your source for laser products instead.

It seems to have better capabilities for cooling.

And seems to come with one of those awesome bags ;D

That laser also crossed my mind. But i think it will be as disappointing as the 400mw laser.
Will inform with suzie friday. But please research as well:)

Today at 8;29 A.M. the site has changed again! There were 90 units in stock last night
when I went to bed, this morning there are 0 units in stock.

Last edited:
This story is starting to turn out very much like the old WL Arctic, and like the Arctic I ordered one of the very first models. I guess I should have waited.
What an big kid, what an imbecilic:banghead:

Imo nothing alike. O-Like does not claim the laser to be in stock and just skip delivery like WL did. I think it's very harsh comparing the two.

Edit:

Micke: Hello. How come you changed stock to 0 for the laser we discussed earlier?
o-Like: no stock now
o-Like: no housing
o-Like: will be stock in 7-10days
o-Like: what is wrong
Micke: Ahh ok. No. Just some guys wondering since it went from 90 in stock to 0 in a matter of 1 hour
o-Like: not updated
o-Like: we also sell beyond website
Micke: Aha ok. congratulations of selling 100 units then. ;)

Last edited:

DJNY

OK, preliminary results in!

I have not seen this laser in a stable TEM00 during my 10 minutes of playing time.

The focus is quite easy to set.

Power measurements peak at 391mW without IR filter. With IR filter it does not reach above 310mW. And settles around 200mW.

The power output is not stable.

Gets warm quite fast. And seems to draw helluva lot from the battery. Got a hottie pointer and battery ;)

Sorry for any discouragement! Hope yours on the way is better.

Thank you. Interesting results...

We have to wait for some more deliveries.

80mW IR isn´t funny to play with. Is it in TEM01 mode or higher one?

Hope you get the replacement. But for now my enthusiasm is settled down. :)

Thank you. Interesting results...

NP. Just a disclaimer that it was a *quick* test. I will do a more detailed tonight. However the mode hopping is very apparent.

But other factors such as that the laser was taken from outside to indoors may affect parameters as temperature etcetera.

Sorry! I retracted my early statement. That was harsh of me.
I should have checked with them as you did before making such
:spank: speculatively, and slanderous statements.

Last edited:

DrSid

Mode hopping is mostly bad alignment right ? So it can be very temperature dependent .. I also fixed it on one laser accidentally. It permanently was in TEM01 (basically 2 dots). I removed both crystals, and then I put them back. It must be rotated correctly so the crystals match polarization axis of pump laser .. and as I turned the crystals, it went from TEM01 to TEM00 in range on about 5 degrees around the best brightness.
But that for sure may vary. Don't take this as a guide ! Just in case you are dismantling the module for some reasons (like curiosity), it's a thing to watch for.

Did a 2nd set of testing.

Starting out cold it peaks at 475mW without IR filter. :pop: It keeps stable over time and never drops below 350mW.

Starting out cold and IR filtered I see a peak at 310mW. This is not bad. However removing the IR filter this is 310mW -> 440mW == ~120mW IR with the green drop.

After 30-40s it is stabilized at 220mW IR filtered. Still a whopping 385mW without IR filter => ~155mW IR.

Atleast the model I received leaks a lot of IR. It peaks high. But due to the beam mode instability I have vouched for returning this pointer. Susie has been great through all this. No review will appear on this unit.

I will upgrade this to another pointer. And will include a IR filter to Susie so that she can test filtered output, which she has agreed to :beer:

The product exchanged to will be a 350mW New portable Green laser torch. It also have the mid button, and better cooling. Which I like.

DJNY

Wow I would never go with a high powered greenie without an IR filter :scared:

Hope we see a review of your new O-Like laser once it arrived :)

Wow I would never go with a high powered greenie without an IR filter :scared:

Hope we see a review of your new O-Like laser once it arrived :)

Yeah. But then again this thread's laser is not IR filtered. :)

Hoping that sending an IR filter with the returned laser will make it more fair for the testing before sending it out.

Will definitely be a review of the received one.

DrSid

I couldn't care less about the IR as it can be easily fixed and with most applications of such laser (beaming way away from people) it should be no problem. Lasers usually differs a lot in IR dispersion, but for 99% of them even specular reflection of IR can't be dangerous.
But the fact that portion of green is less then advertised is something to be concerned about. Mode hopping doubly so. Let's hope it was problem of this particular unit ! Shouldn't some more reviews of this model pop up soon ?

Just received E-mail from Sue. She wrote that the water proof len reduces
the beam energy output by 50mW as it does in the OLNGL-300, and that it
can easly be removed from the OL-534-350 when not needed.
That means that if the OL-534-350 puts out 475mW non IR filtered starting out cold,
when water proof filter is removed it may put out a beam energy of 525mW non IR
filtered. Also an out put of 360mW IR filtered.
IF it puts out a stable out put of 350mW nonIR filtered, then 400mW non IR filtered
without the water proof len, which is just as advertised. 360mW stable with IR filters and
water proof len removed.
These are speculations using - mhakali's - Data

Last edited: