Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

O-Like NX-50P 250mW Red Pointer Review

Hello guys!

I've recently purchased a laser from O -Like. The model in question is the NX50-P 650nm 250mW called "New special Burning 250mW red laser torch/focusable", you can view it on O -Like HERE.

In this review, I will consider several factors including the speed of shipping, packaging and costs as well as the product itself.

Here are the specifications stated by O- Like:

- Wavelength : 650nm
- Working voltage: DC 3.7 -4.2V
- Output power : 250mW
- Working current: <300mA
- Laser shape: Dot
- Dimensions : 24 ( dia. ) x146 (L ) mm
- Click on / off button
- Operation temperature range : 20 ° C- 35 ° C
- Storage temperature : -10 ° C -50 ° C​

I have structured this review with a scoring system, which corresponds to maximum of 10 points for each category, which I describe below:

- Speed ​​of delivery
- Quality of packaging
- The cost of shipping
- Accessories included
- Aesthetic quality of the laser and materials used in construction
- Product properly functioning
- Safety systems (FDA compliant)
- Output stability
- Cost of laser
- Compliance with the sales specifications (if overspec +20)

THE REVIEW

Speed ​​of delivery​

The speed of delivery by the courier. I ordered the laser on the 28th of August and I paid with PayPal because the payment via MasterCard it was not available. The laser was delivered on September 3rd , the package has covered the route "Hong Kong - Padova ( Italy )" in just 3 days and I was delivered on September 5 by courier DHL as you can see from the image below. The delivery was very fast and smoothly then the shipping receives 10 points.

59d4.png

Quality of packaging

The packaging is in an envelope marked DHL containing a cardboard box , inside there are the products, everything is wrapped in a thin layer of bubble-wrap packaging. The protection of products is guaranteed but not the best, so the quality of the packaging takes 7 points.

lczk.jpg

5xto.jpg

toe4.jpg

The cost of shipping​

The cost of shipping was $ 28, the value of the products inside was declared less than $ 20 then the customs have not added customs fees, considering the speed of delivery and the fact that there aren't additional costs, the cost of shipping is worth 10 points.

Accessories included​

Together with the laser comes a charger for 18650 batteries and a ultrafire holster for laser, the package also includes one 18650 battery (shipped separately due to the restrictions of DHL). The park of accessories is not bad but it would been nice to have the original box, labels bearing the laser power, a snare for the laser and a protective cover for the lens. 5 points.

gaqm.jpg

0jfg.jpg

90ff.jpg

Aesthetic quality of the laser and materials used in construction

The laser seems to be aluminum or anyway in a very resistant material, the aesthetic quality is remarkable and also the paint is very good. There are seals in the joints of the tailcap and lenscap. The laser has a decent weight and fits snugly in your hand. Nothing to say about the quality of materials used, 10 points.

r8p4.jpg

q9g4.jpg

1ur3.jpg

6v00.jpg

oa9u.jpg

5mab.jpg

sl5t.jpg

rqtx.jpg

Product properly functioning

Once inserted the battery and worn my "eagle pair" i've armed the laser , the initial dot shape was very boxy and not regular, i've removed the lens and i'0ve blown on the diode and on the back of the lens, after that the dot has become very clear and well focused, shaking and moving quickly the laser are not present movement of pieces within the host, lasr work good and can burn a cd case from 20 cm in 20 seconds. 10 points.

on8j.jpg

dw2q.jpg

h5ay.jpg

5j7x.jpg

j7mb.jpg

Safety systems (FDA compliant)

The laser is totally devoid of security systems and is therefore not compatible FDA regulation, has only a on/off switch that is not momentary, the danger of this laser is high because there is no way to turn it off if you do not click on the switch placed in the rear. 0 points (PLEASE do not buy this laser if you don't have a pair of protection goggles)​

Output stability

The output seems to be stable but i'm not having a LPM and i can not say for sure, 10 points on trust (I reserve the right to change this factor just wen i have an LPM)​

Cost of the laser

The laser costs 36.99 dollars, a very competitive price. 10 points.

Compliance with the sales specifications

As I said i do not have an LPM so i can not make a fair assessment, I think that the laser complies with the specifications declared by O- Like and indeed i think it is overspec, i guess that emits at least 270-280 mW instead 250 mW declared, even in this case 10 points on trust.​

Let's recap the score table!

- Speed ​​of delivery - 10
- Quality of packaging - 7
- The cost of shipping - 10
- Accessories included - 5
- Aesthetic quality of the laser and materials used in construction - 10
- Product properly functioning - 10
- Safety systems (FDA compliant) - 0
- Output stability - 10 (to be confirmed)
- Cost of laser - 10
- Compliance with the sales specifications - 10 (to be confirmed)

Total : 82/100

tjyn.jpg

So I think this is really a great product and it has nothing to envy to his large brothers, a good laser, able to light matches, burn cd case and popping balloons , if you want a cheap red laser but with good quality purchase the NX50-P 650nm 250mW.

EXTRA

Together with the laser I also bought a tripod at a price of 12.99 dollars, this is also a product of excellent quality, the three legs are made of steel , while the vertical rod seems to be made ​​of aluminum, the joints are made ​​of plastic. Can hold from 16 to 44mm diameter lasers, height adjustable, the highest can be up to 200mm . 10 points out of 10.

mjrs.jpg

Last edited:

Thanks for the review.

I've never had anything but good results in ordering from o-like over the years.

Also, thank you very much for the review on the tripod. Most tripods I've seen for lasers are junk. The base is flimsy and the legs are either plastic or VERY thin aluminum.

Table Top Mini Tripod for Strobe Canon Nikon DSLR SLR | eBay

Julius Studio Photo Studiotravel Size Table Top Mini Tripod MP1 | eBay

Adjustable Metal Tripod Desktop Table Mic Microphone Clamp Clip Holder Stand | eBay

How does this compare to the cheapo tripods above?

This one looks similar:

Adjustable Metal Desktop Table Mic Microphone Clamp Clip Holder Stand Tripod | eBay

I don't mind paying a few bucks if I can find something decent that will last. SO far the best one I've found that holds up and isnt a fortune is the METAL version of this:

Mini Portable Plastic Foldable Folding Tripod Stand for Camera Camcorder Silver | eBay

Thanks for the review.

I've never had anything but good results in ordering from o-like over the years.

Also, thank you very much for the review on the tripod. Most tripods I've seen for lasers are junk. The base is flimsy and the legs are either plastic or VERY thin aluminum.

Table Top Mini Tripod for Strobe Canon Nikon DSLR SLR | eBay

Julius Studio Photo Studiotravel Size Table Top Mini Tripod MP1 | eBay

Adjustable Metal Tripod Desktop Table Mic Microphone Clamp Clip Holder Stand | eBay

How does this compare to the cheapo tripods above?

This one looks similar:

Adjustable Metal Desktop Table Mic Microphone Clamp Clip Holder Stand Tripod | eBay

I don't mind paying a few bucks if I can find something decent that will last. SO far the best one I've found that holds up and isnt a fortune is the METAL version of this:

Mini Portable Plastic Foldable Folding Tripod Stand for Camera Camcorder Silver | eBay

i think that the tripod i've reviewed is a good product, the legs are made of metal (i don't know if is steel or aluminiun) but they are hard and have a good weight so i think that is steel, you can buy it on o-like or on ebay if you want (the one that you have posted has the microphone clip but you can change it i think, i will add more photos so you can take a better look.

Nice review! +1 from me!
Off-topic: No, I'm not an Iron Maiden fan, Heavy Metal is like pop for me, but I listen Thrash Metal:Metallica, Slayer, Exodus, Sodom, Sepultura, Kreator...

Thanks for doing this review, I was looking at the exact same laser the other day but I was skeptical because the price seemed so good. I would love it if you could upload those beamshots even if it isnt that good quality. Can you see a faint beam indoors or is the beam not visible? Also could it light a cigarette in under 30 seconds? No, I'm not going to hold it in my mouth while lighting it lol!

Right now I'm trying to decide between this and a 532nm 100mw from Lazerer LZSK - Stick 532nm 100mW Focusable Green Laser Pointer I want to get the green because it's brighter and I think it would have more chance of having a beam indoors, but I really doubt it would be able to light a cigarette. So I will probably buy this. Also do you have any tips for customs? As I am located in Germany too :D Thanks!

Last edited:
Great review 3 days delivery never heard of delivery that fast excellent ...

NKO29

I don't believe the FDA safety should have been part of the final review... Basically all lasers we build have only got a switch :D After all the biggest part of laser safety is the user! Good review though, the host looks nice and your review was very detailed!

Nice review. Eddiemorra don't think this one will be lighting a cig. That's my first test for all my lasers and you do need a fair amount of power. Not that this laser is a slouch . Very nice. Good price too.

Nice review :)

Could you tell us why they named it ''new'' and ''special'' didn't find it in the review.
Are they using glass lenses ?

Last edited:
@tmackbb4 Okay thanks, even with holding it directly on and focused for 30 seconds? There's tons of youtube videos with supposed 200mw that can light cigarettes. Like this one here:200mw laser lights cigarette - YouTube Do you think any beam at all would be visible in daylight indoors?

@Smeerworst It's probably called "new" and "special" to make it look more attractive to potential customers. All Chinese do that on their products lol.

My 390mW 532 will light one. But it takes more than 30 second. These YouTube video lasers must be either way overspec or misleading. I know different nm will burn differently so maybe someone else can chime in here but it seems unlikely to me. The 200mW red in my signature is on its way. I'll do some tests and pm you if you want.

Last edited:
If you've got time that would be terrific I would really appreciate it! If it can't light a cigarette I think I will buy the green 100mw. As it can light matches, pop balloons, and still cut tape. The beam will look a lot better too I'm thinking.

I can guarantee that I'll be trying to light up as soon as I get batteries in it lol. And realistically, a green would be a more impressive laser. Nice beam crazy range. But if you're looking to burn get a 445nm 1w. Cig would be a joke. I think I can drop on in front of my 3.5w and light it lol

I can guarantee that I'll be trying to light up as soon as I get batteries in it lol. And realistically, a green would be a more impressive laser. Nice beam crazy range. But if you're looking to burn get a 445nm 1w. Cig would be a joke. I think I can drop on in front of my 3.5w and light it lol

Thanks haha let me know how it goes! Okay I'm probably going to get a 100mw green and save money for a 1w blue then.

1w 445nm from Blord $95! Check out the buy sell trade section. But yeah save the money after you get the green. Good idea. I'll keep you posted on the red for kicks.