Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

O-like GB feeler (50mW 450nm single mode)

UPDATE: OK, just paid for the review unit Susie says it will be "shipped promptly". I will post a review as soon as it hits the mail box.

I'm mostly curious if you will notice any difference in color vs the 445nm we all know and love:p

I'd definitely be interested as well, pending your review of course. I too am curious to know whether there's any noticeable difference between 445 and 450.

Nope, or I would have reviewed it already. ;) Gotta be patient with the Chinese-N. America shipping.

UPDATE: 12/02/2011

Delivery was attempted today, but my 'trashperson' roommate failed to answer the door to sign for the package, so I'll have to pick it up tomorrow. Will post a review as soon as I get it in my hands.

Trashperson - (n) someone who gets plastered all the time and does basically nothing.

P.S. not bad on the delivery time frame considering it shipped on the 11/20

cheers

UPDATE: 12/03/2011
Picked up the package today, the pictures speak for themselves. I will probably just end up keeping this to experiment with. I wouldn't feel OK spending other peoples money with a company in which the buyer-seller communication is so poor, just too many things could go wrong. Sorry to waste your time.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 90
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 101
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 110
UPDATE: 12/03/2011
Picked up the package today, the pictures speak for themselves. I will probably just end up keeping this to experiment with. I wouldn't feel OK spending other peoples money with a company in which the buyer-seller communication is so poor, just too many things could go wrong. Sorry to waste your time.

:wtf:

File a paypal dispute and ask them for a refund. That is NOT what you purchased.

I have this bad feeling I'm gonna have to file a dispute with them too. Ordered a laser on November the 1st.

Asked about shipping status one week later on the 8th... was told it would ship out on monday the 14th.

14th came and went. Asked them again... they said they would ship it out on the 21st. Which they finally did. Three fu**ing weeks after I placed the order.

As of now... waiting on response from them with tracking. If it gets to 43 days without delivery I'm filing a dispute.

O-Like may have some great lasers, but their service is lacking to say the least.

Last edited:
Well I was trying to get the complete unit at $58.00 plus shipping for the GB price, so I agreed to pay $64.00 shipped for a review unit. I now have the bare diode which O-like retails for $79.99 by itself. I think if I just decide to keep the diode I wouldn't be that bad off. It is a weird size though 3.8 mm so it wont fit in a module.....has an interesting spec sheet (not included btw) as the slope efficiency is said to be over 1, with a max current of 120 mA....and 450 nm is the specified wavelength at 80 mA so maybe it could end up being 120 mW of 460 nm. or not. :tinfoil: