Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

O-Like delivery time frame

Ordered two lasers from O-like on Jan. 22 (200mW transformable adjustable green laser and 300mW Cute focusable red laser) with best (slowest) shipping. As of Jan. 28, since it hadn't yet shipped, I was able to change the shipping to DHL and added safety goggles for the red laser. Everything was shipped yesterday, Jan. 31, via "Hongkong Express". I hope this is the equivalent of DHL, and that the package gets out of Hong Kong before the week-long holiday starts. I'll provide more feedback as it becomes available.

I now have more to report. The lasers showed up at my door yesterday afternoon. Nobody was home to sign for them, but I'll have them today. Here's the shipping info (edited to remove my hometown name):

Notice Left (No Authorized Recipient Available), February 07, 2011, 2:10 pm
Arrival at Post Office, February 07, 2011
Processed through Sort Facility, February 07, 2011, 11:10 am
Inbound International Arrival, February 06, 2011, 8:30 am, ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)
Foreign International Dispatch, February 05, 2011, 11:29 am, HONG KONG AIR MAIL CENTRE, HONG KONG
Origin Post is Preparing Shipment
Foreign Acceptance, February 01, 2011, 6:30 pm, HONG KONG

So, after paying extra for DHL shipping, the overall time from placing the DHL shipping order to arrival at my home in the US was 10 days. Not as fast as some have reported, but a whole lot faster than regular mail. Interestingly, DHL never touched the item - it was sent via the postal system. I'm not complaining, since I received the item much faster than I would have without paying for express.

So, after paying extra for DHL shipping, the overall time from placing the DHL shipping order to arrival at my home in the US was 10 days. Not as fast as some have reported, but a whole lot faster than regular mail. Interestingly, DHL never touched the item - it was sent via the postal system. I'm not complaining, since I received the item much faster than I would have without paying for express.

To be fair to o-like I have noticed tonight that they state it will be DHL 'or' EMS depending on your location. I had my Rayfoss stuff sent via EMS, they're usually 2-3 days slower but they will carry the battery too.

i just oredered a 300mW cute from o-like and got dhl i live in the us how long do u guys think and thy wont ship my batteries and charger?

i just oredered a 300mW cute from o-like and got dhl i live in the us how long do u guys think and thy wont ship my batteries and charger?

If it is shipped with DHL then your batteries and charger will come a few/some days later in the standard post. DHL consider the batteries to be an explosion risk.

If it is shipped with DHL then your batteries and charger will come a few/some days later in the standard post. DHL consider the batteries to be an explosion risk.
It's not just DHL - Mine were shipped via HongKong Express (I paid the $15 extra. The lasers arrived yesterday and the batteries and chargers are still enroute.

It's not just DHL - Mine were shipped via HongKong Express (I paid the $15 extra. The lasers arrived yesterday and the batteries and chargers are still enroute.

hmm my first order came in the normal post so I got everything in the package [did take 19 days though]. I've currently got a module in processing from o-like with DHL delivery option so I'll let you know how they choose to send it.. as long as it gets to me within a week I won't be bothered if they tie it to a carrier pigeon lol

EDIT: for my order they did send it DHL.

Last edited:
Update again: the batteries and chargers arrived on Friday, Feb. 11, just 5 days later than the lasers arrived. Color me happy!

mikzip

My first experience with o-like

Asked Susie in the beginning of Feb. when the $208 green would be available again, they got 2 on the 11 Feb, ordered one and safety goggles shipped 14 Feb. arrived today 23 Feb.
standard shipping and all the way to Greenland Hurray :)

olaff

Hey I just ordered the 200mw new style red a while back on the 21st and just wanted to know what was going on with it the shipping status has been foreign international dispatch for about 10-11 days now and i havent heard anything since and i am starting to become worried any guesses on when i could be expecting it?
Illinois United States

Hey I just ordered the 200mw new style red a while back on the 21st and just wanted to know what was going on with it the shipping status has been foreign international dispatch for about 10-11 days now and i havent heard anything since and i am starting to become worried any guesses on when i could be expecting it?
Illinois United States

Have you paid the extra $15 for the express shipping or you paid only the $8 flat rate?

Illinois United States

I've ordered that one too, as long the "cute" was out-of-stock for a while.
we'll see how long it takes.

Europe

I paid the 5$ shipping im not quite sure what kind that was
just didnt have the extra money to pay for the faster shipping

The Flat Rate (Best Way) shipping fee is $8. If you chose this option it might take 4-6 weeks to arrive the package. It can be more or less depending on the location and customs inspection.

I chose the EMS express shipping for the extra $15 and my pack got to NYC from China in 9 days.

Also, don't forget that after you place an order @ O-like, they hold the order for about 9-10 days then they ship the package. Don't rely on O-like's "Status History" because they do not update frequently the data on their web site.
Don't worry, the package will eventually arrive...it's only question of time.

Last edited:
when did you order yours?
and what does the order status say?

The "New red" was shipped today by DHL.

Should be here next week.

I must say that i paid for extra shipping service.

Last edited: