Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

O-Like delivery time frame

HK Express is definitively not DHL !

Keep us posted with delivery times and reliability..
I sent them an email asking for clarification. They're closed for the holiday and will re-open on the 8th. Meanwhile, if my lasers were sent by air express, they should arrive before then. I will keep you posted.

Steve - Did you pay the extra $15 for DHL shipping? Have you been able to track your package? Enquiring minds want to know...

Yes, before placing my order on 01/21/11 I paid $15 for the upgraded expedited shipping choice and -automatically- I paid for the Flat Rate (Best Way) too.
On 02/01 I wrote them an e-mail because I have not heard from them anything.
Within 24 hours they replied me with the the tracking number and the web site where I can follow my package.
This is the web site of the Hong Kong Express for tracking packages:
Hongkong Post - Mail Tracking

They shipped my package on 01.28. and just got into the U.S. a day ago...according to the web site.

I hope it will pass customs and in a week or so I can hold in my hand the real stuff...:wave:

Arshus

My O-like order took approx 4 weeks to arrive.

-Sal

Last edited:
hi new to lpf as of today i mostly joined becus of wicked laseres and there terrible service and wondering how to get my refund and which laser is better from o-like the 200mW or the cute 300mW for compactness and is either of ther beam visible in daylight?

i ordered a 400mw 405nm from o-like and did the DHL+ best way and it got here just shy of 2 weeks.

california.

was very happy with quality. both the waterproof and adjustable work great.

no customs issues. charger came the next day.

edit: i wouldn't ever recommend doing regular mail from china. they rough the mail up pretty badly on top of the long wait.

Last edited:
hi new to lpf as of today i mostly joined becus of wicked laseres and there terrible service and wondering how to get my refund and which laser is better from o-like the 200mW or the cute 300mW for compactness and is either of ther beam visible in daylight?

First of all: Welcome to lpf :)
Second (and third, fourth, etc. lol) - It depends on what wavelength laser it is. 532nm (green) 200mW (the transformable model is best) would be much more visible than the 300mW 650nm (red) cute laser. I have a review of the cute red one in my signature. But do some research around the forums. A great thread to read is a guide to buying your first green laser in the "green lasers" section. Also, are you looking for just visibility or burning ability? The violet 405nm laser (review in my signature) is the best of the ones i just mentioned for burning because of the lower wavelength and it is also much more powerful than the other two mentioned. Go for the violet one in my signature for burning or the 200mW focusable transformable green for visibility. If you go for the green, make sure you get the 18650 battery with it. Also violet is very dim looking compared to other wavelengths: don't let that fool you into thinking it is safe! Hope something in that mess helps. :beer:

David

Welcome! I've got two from o-like so far and I'm very happy with both, one of them is the cute 300mw 650nm red, use it all the time. as david1235102 has said for visibility go for a 532nm green.

I got mine via DHL in 1 week, once shipped, but they let me wait 3 weeks before shipping, so 4 weeks at all.

Also i stressed in several messages that i wanted DHL, not other services...bcause i had bad experience with another company, where i paid and requested UPS service, and they shipped with China express..

So, IMHO i think they tend to ship with China express, and generally works, but monitoring services are not as reliable as big carriers and also you'll never have a phone number to call and someone to speak in your country, if something goes wrong. Well, this companies take responsability for this kind of shipping, so of your laser get lost, they refund you or send another one.

Of course i understand that big carriers are xpensive for them, but usually, i would prefer and expedited big carrier than an express cheap.

I got mine via DHL in 1 week, once shipped, but they let me wait 3 weeks before shipping, so 4 weeks at all.
Of course i understand that big carriers are xpensive for them, but usually, i would prefer and expedited big carrier than an express cheap.

Mine didn't take that long but it was long enough, 19 days if I recall correctly. still it was Christmas/newyear so I'll cut em some slack. gonna see how fast they can ship after their current holidays if they can get either the 400mW 532 or 200mW 532 cute back in stock.

Mine didn't take that long but it was long enough, 19 days if I recall correctly. still it was Christmas/newyear so I'll cut em some slack. gonna see how fast they can ship after their current holidays if they can get either the 400mW 532 or 200mW 532 cute back in stock.

I think people, who will order from O-like in the coming days, have to be patient during and after the Chinese New Year's Day holiday because the company keeps receiving orders, even though they closed. So there's some bumpy days ahead...

I think people, who will order from O-like in the coming days, have to be patient during and after the Chinese New Year's Day holiday because the company keeps receiving orders, even though they closed. So there's some bumpy days ahead...

Yep for sure, it's gonna be the same for all the laser companies in China. I wish there was a reliable laser manufacturer here in the UK, and not just a reseller. though legally they're not allowed to sell anything over 1mW here.

than kyou very much it wassss helpful hahahaha but i dont hve a big budget my max is around 70$ so between a 200mw 300 cute (reds) or a 50 - 100mw green whats my best bet and it must burn hahahaha :)

Ash

than kyou very much it wassss helpful hahahaha but i dont hve a big budget my max is around 70$ so between a 200mw 300 cute (reds) or a 50 - 100mw green whats my best bet and it must burn hahahaha :)
100mW green... Don't forget safety glasses, or the beam of the green laser may be the last thing you ever see. :cool: