Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

O-Like Company Thread!

Hello, I was curious how many of you have ordered within the US and if you have had any trouble with customs. I ordered my last laser from Spain and never received it. I'm assuming it was confiscated. I was thinking about buying the 200mw red from olike but I wanted to see if customs would be a problem. I don't want to lose anymore money, if you know what I mean. :)

Thanks,
pianoman

Well, I think I'm one of the only people who hasn't yet received a laser(out of at least 5+ people on this thread).

And I'm assuming that since the last tracking info i got was 4 days ago when it left Hong Kong, mine is on it's way. I so hope that it eventually arrives..:undecided:

MikeBP

Fucking around is basically pointing it at the movie screen, randomly pulling it out while neighborhood dogs and cats are around and giving it a go, thing if that nature, may get me kicked out of the theater and well as piss off the animals owner.

If you read what I said, I like lower mws becuase you can fuck around with them.

and nope screw safety

I do agree with you there.
I don't myself have any lasers in between all the 1mW pointers and the 200mW(when it arrives, soon hopefully), and I will probably want to in the near future.

As for night beams they are cool but to carry around every day they are terrible because they lead directly back to you if you ever want to fuck around.

This is why I didn't think you were referring to low mW's. From what I've heard(and read), you need around 50mW green to have a good beam at night. I could be wrong about that.

At the very least, just be careful with your 200mw, you should have fun, we just don't want you to damage your eyes :D

MikeBP

Greens beam up really fast, you can buy a 5mw with a fair visible beam and a really nice beam at about 15 so Low MW reds are best for messing around.

Cool. That sounds like pretty good odds :D. I lost 100 bucks on my last bluray that never arrived, so I've been without a laser and without money to buy one for a while now. I finally have 54$ dollars to spare and thought I'd go for one of the waterproof reds. I have a white-light ion system right now, but I don't get to use it much because of the water/ 3 phase requirements. Plus it's a beast to move. A hand held would be something to keep me entertained when I can't run the ion :).

mfo

Re: O-Like Shipped my order just in time :D

Perhaps i'm wrong, however I think that some chargers have overcharge protection. :whistle::yh:

Also the first charge is VERY important. you do not want to cut short or skip your first charge, as it has the largest impact on the operating time and overall life of the battery.

This is the second inaccurate post I've seen you post. Stop it please.

Sorry, I'll remember to look stuff up before I post.

If clearly stating my uncertainty isn't enough to soften my falsity, I'll try to be more careful.

As I want to learn from my mistakes, I have a question:
A little while back I was told by an employee at a U.S. Cellular store that the first charge must be a full charge; otherwise the battery will have a shorter lifetime and will more quickly lose it's ability to charge to full capacity. Is this misleading?

mfo

Sorry, I'll remember to look stuff up before I post.

If clearly stating my uncertainty isn't enough to soften my falsity, I'll try to be more careful.

As I want to learn from my mistakes, I have a question:
A little while back I was told by an employee at a U.S. Cellular store that the first charge must be a full charge; otherwise the battery will have a shorter lifetime and will more quickly lose it's ability to charge to full capacity. Is this misleading?

The only time I've heard of this is with old re-chargeable Nickel Cadmium batteries (And even then it's debatable). Unless you had one of those old dinosaur phones that was powered by Ni-CD AA size batteries (Yeah, I had one from Omnipoint back in the day) then I'd say it's misleading.

...Ok first off if you like burning stuff buy a lighter.. Second any laser over 15mW can damage your eyes..

mfo

...Ok first off if you like burning stuff buy a lighter.. Second any laser over 15mW can damage your eyes..
x.png

5mW*

Sorry, I didn't say that it wasn't dangerous. and I think <5mW can damage your eyes. Am I wrong about 532nm being nearly 10x brighter than 650nm too?

got my laser.

im amazed at the packaging.

will tell you more bout this later.

and, i need some hour range to charge first try.

4 hours? 6 hours?

overnight isnt appealing =/

mfo

Sorry, I didn't say that it wasn't dangerous. and I think <5mW can damage your eyes. Am I wrong about 532nm being nearly 10x brighter than 650nm too?

5mW can and will damage your eyes if you force yourself to stare into it.