Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

O-Like Company Thread!

got my laser.

im amazed at the packaging.

will tell you more bout this later.

and, i need some hour range to charge first try.

4 hours? 6 hours?

overnight isnt appealing =/

..Before school charge it (6hrs Later), after school stop chargin :D

..Before school charge it (6hrs Later), after school stop chargin :D

Not exactly sure what batteries came with your laser but, as a general rule, you should not leave charging batteries unattended. At the very least, make sure they are on a non combustible surface under a smoke alarm. I'm also into nice flashlights (where I hear most battery horror stories) and R/C (where I have wrecked a few lithium polymer batteries) so I have a bit of experience here. All rechargeable batteries can be dangerous!

mfo

Not exactly sure what batteries came with your laser but, as a general rule, you should not leave charging batteries unattended. At the very least, make sure they are on a non combustible surface under a smoke alarm. I'm also into nice flashlights (where I hear most battery horror stories) and R/C (where I have wrecked a few lithium polymer batteries) so I have a bit of experience here. All rechargeable batteries can be dangerous!

The only batteries & chargers I would not leave unattended are the Chinese Lithiums and their chargers. I own a Kodak Quick Charger (1 hour charge time) and I leave that unattended frequently.

Its the same thing if you fall asleep, when your asleep I don't think your "attending" to it..

The only batteries & chargers I would not leave unattended are the Chinese Lithiums and their chargers. I own a Kodak Quick Charger (1 hour charge time) and I leave that unattended frequently.

Given the context of this thread, I feel it's a valid warning. The waterproof red laser from O-Like comes with an 18650 rechargeable lithium battery. I don't care who the battery comes from, I will test each on a meter to ensure it isn't under 2.75v. Even expensive AWs can experience protection failure.
If you have never had lithium batteries before. I suggest you get educated. Or don't. You're not my kids.

mfo

Given the context of this thread, I feel it's a valid warning. The waterproof red laser from O-Like comes with an 18650 rechargeable lithium battery. I don't care who the battery comes from, I will test each on a meter to ensure it isn't under 2.75v. Even expensive AWs can experience protection failure.
If you have never had lithium batteries before. I suggest you get educated. Or don't. You're not my kids.

I do own Lithium batteries, I clearly stated so in my post o_O

Anyhow, you're right that any charger can experience protection failure. But by the same token, so can anything in your house that involves electricity, from your TV to your power strip powering your desktop. The only way to be 100% safe is to flip off your circuit breaker when ever you leave your house.

Sorry mfo, my comment wasn't directed at you. As you know, some of these lasers are coming with batteries and chargers...

Last edited:

MikeBP

Sorry, I'll remember to look stuff up before I post.

If clearly stating my uncertainty isn't enough to soften my falsity, I'll try to be more careful.

As I want to learn from my mistakes, I have a question:
A little while back I was told by an employee at a U.S. Cellular store that the first charge must be a full charge; otherwise the battery will have a shorter lifetime and will more quickly lose it's ability to charge to full capacity. Is this misleading?

IIRC the first charge doesnt mean jack but you need to make sure it runs out completely for a fresh charge to make it work better (like for cell phone batts)

the "First Charge" is almost always done by the company to test the batts so they dont charge them fully only a little bit to test out the battery to make sure it works and they can send it out.

Most chargers come with overcharge protection, if they didnt your batteries would blow up and you would need to time then carefully so it wouldnt happen but its a simple circuit for the charge protection so everyone uses it except for the home made ones you see around the internet.

Ok to clear things up, im selling my laser.

I have another one now ;D

Pm me to buy mine. BRAND NEW, WILL SHIP USING PRIORITY (2-3 days to your house) I LIVE IN TEXAS.

COMES WITH OLIKE GLASSES FOR 200MW NEW STYLE.

100 SHIPPED.

Wow, what made you decide to sell it? did you get a laser that is so awesome that you didn't even want your o-like laser? lol :)

Well, I found another laser that I want to buy. It just looks like the ONE for me :D

But I can seperate the thing.

Glasses cost $50
Laser costs $50

Total is $100 with shipping.

Consider it a DEAL for you since it will get to your house in 2-3 days and IM in the USA, and the items above are new/never used.​