Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

O-like.com

Hey guys, I was wondering if this company is legit, and are their specs correct?

Well the reason I don't look up reviews is because I've also read that wicked lasers was good, and we all know how they are... Haha

Razako

Just ordered 2 200Mw reds from O-Like. They arrived in about 2 weeks and both work fine.

my 400mw green is stuck at Vancouver Custom"s, probably another week or two to wait.

They are usually right on target with minimum output, and their service is great.

Have a total of 5 lasers from them, one was near doa so I'm getting a replacement, 3 are a hair under spec, one is actually exactly on spec.

Kauai

I ordered a laser from O-like on June 7th. Received confirmation same day and on June 10th they sent me a tracking number.

I live in Hawaii and received my laser today (June 16). I did not pay for expedited shipping.

I am satisfied with their performance. I have no way to measure output so I can't speak to that issue.

I seem to be getting into a swirling down-the-drain experience with o-like.

A very bad review might be coming, but I need to let things finish playing out first before I make that final.

After being told by Susie via e-mail that an item was permanently sold out, it was suddenly shipped to me anyway, with no notice or request for approval of the change in plans.

The 400Mw item metered as about a 130Mw item.

I returned it, and then was repeatedly told that it was never received.

When I told them that I was going to go to the Post Office and collect the $250 insurance I bought on the shipment, I suddenly got this on May 25:

Sorry for not updating to you in time
We have shipped the new replacement on May 17
tracking number is RF059961887SG
Welcome to SingPost

Thanks
Susie​

That was supposedly shipped 4 weeks ago, and nothing has arrived yet. You can feel free to lookup that tracking number on USPS - The United States Postal Service (U.S. Postal Service)

I'll let people know how this turns out, but I'm beginning to be on the verge of recommending against buying anything from o-like, because this purchase was substandard early on, and is getting increasingly sketchy.

Unfortunately I had a somewhat similar experience.

They also claimed that they never got the laser, even though tracking showed it as delivered on a monday... with attempted delivery on the previous saturday, and actual delivery on the following business day(the monday). I gave them a week until after the laser showed as delivered until I actually contacted susie via chat.

Since I paid for insurance I was also going to file a claim, and just get my money back but lo and behold Susie decided to ship me out a replacement "before" getting the original laser back. The episode left a very sour taste for me.

The only bright side is, the replacement laser is in spec, and works very well.

Also just fyi... it took 20-25 days, and was showing the same exact status via singpost until I actually received a pickup notice.

Good luck, post what happens.

Last edited:
Just to clear something up for me, is O-Like in Singapore or China? Is it a Singapore-company or a China-company (ownership)?

Kauai

I got my batteries charged up and fired up the laser I received several hours ago and I am completely underwhelmed. It's supposed to be 200Mw but I doubt that it's 5.

It sounds like a return is a real ordeal and insurance is compulsory. I can now see that if I'm going to mess with lasers I'm going to have to invest in a device to measure their power output.

I was all set to give O-like 5 stars based on quick delivery but now I'm going to have to wait until I see what kind of power this pitiful thing is delivering.

The plot thickens....

Kauai

Is there one thread for each company? If there is I haven't run across it. Everything seems kind of scattered.