Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

O-like 532nm 100mW wide beam laser

Well it looks like I have to try and sell this to get some money in. Still works, has never been dropped and isn't scratched. The case in the pictures I have as you can tell is starting to unweeve a bit. Im sure you have about 5 more just like it though. Asking $65 shipped to US. comes with battery.
Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting
focus knob has been fully un twisted.

If you would like other pics let me know. Here is the link to the laser High Power 100mW Green laser wand /Wide beam/focuasable [OL-OWDG-100] - $81.99 : Zen Cart!, The Art of E-commerce

Can this pop a balloon? I am getting it for my son's science fair. We have safety glasses.

Can this pop a balloon? I am getting it for my son's science fair. We have safety glasses.

With a beam like that no it will not pop balloons. You will have to focus it down to a small point and use BLACK balloons.

I guess that was my question - will the focus knob be able to focus it down enough, or will I need another lens?

I guess that was my question - will the focus knob be able to focus it down enough, or will I need another lens?

No I dont think so... The smallest it gets is like 1cm i think it needs to be a half a mm at most!

Sorry for the late post, been rather sick this past weekend. Im not sure if this will pop balloons. This laser is set up to have a pretty wide beam, I have yet got it to burn anything other than maybe a thin black trash bag.

If you still have the laser I might be interested. It looks like TacoHerder may be interested though.