Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

O-Like 400mW Green Laser Torch *Overspec*

ouch, my friend just ordered the tactial 1.2W along with goggles
hope everything works out for him :(
we are also looking at nearby universities and colleges for a LPM we can use :)
so if you send a pic/vid of their laser being underspec, they will give you a (~$12) compensation?

^^^If you complain, and are actually able to prove the laser is underspec. Without an LPM there is absolutely no way to tell apart a 1W laser from a 1.2W laser.

The $12 is split... $2 for the 200mW transformable being underspec, and and $10 for the 1.2W 445.

Fact is... the 1.2W host is great. IMO the best host around for non DIY lasers or ones sold on here. It is a very heavy duty host.

O-like logic is that they only promise the laser to be >1.1W, and without ANY lenses... raw optical output.

The 1W version is only supposed to be >800mW.

It's a nice host, but I do feel I got kind of a raw deal... I really don't expect anything else from chinese companies though.

If you want a good over spec 1W 447 laser, buy Dragon Lasers' Spartan.

I tested my 1W Spartan yesterday with my new LaserBee 2.5W LPM. It peaked at 1042mw and stayed above 1W for two minutes, all with batteries not fully charged.

The 1.2W o-like, even my underspec one is a little better in output and focusable.... but from what I've read the spartan has much better beam characteristics.

Still, IMO there is absolutely no reason to buy a blue laser off of either o-like or dragon lasers. There are better lasers sold on here all the time for less.

No RMA#, exact same stuff as with you though.

I sent my underspec 400mW green laser torch /focusable/waterproof back to China, yesterday. Registered mail with tracking number, of course.

I hope it will get to Susie safe and sound.

I'll keep updating.

I sent my underspec 400mW green laser torch back a month ago, via US Priority Mail.

2 weeks ago, they said that they had not received it.

Now, they seem to be ignoring my e-mails and not responding to me.

I insured the shipment for $250, hopefully I can convince the USPS to honor the insurance if o-like keep claiming non-receipt and/or keeps ignoring me.

I think I won't be doing business with o-like any longer...

^^^Try to contact Susie directly via MSN chat.

That said... aside from cheaper greenies I won't be purchasing any lasers from o-like again.

I sent my underspec 400mW green laser torch back a month ago, via US Priority Mail.

2 weeks ago, they said that they had not received it.

Now, they seem to be ignoring my e-mails and not responding to me.

I insured the shipment for $250, hopefully I can convince the USPS to honor the insurance if o-like keep claiming non-receipt and/or keeps ignoring me.

I think I won't be doing business with o-like any longer...

This is bothering.

You did send it to the proper address, did you? It's a very long and complicated address. I copied it to clipboard and printed it so I can stick it on the box I returned my laser with.

You also have to fill in a customs decleration (O-like doesn't tell you that), and declare of a good's value no more than 25$, otherwise Chinese customs won't let it in.

Hope mine and yours eventually will reach its destination and both of us will get a good onspec replacement laser.

By the way, try to contact Susie via the 'Contact Us' form in the O-like website. Susie always answers me from there.

^^^I declared mine at $40, as a broken flashlight... I think. Tracking is pretty clear though, made it into china without a problem.

Since I didn't print it out, but rather wrote it out... scrapped 3 labels doing that... I took a picture of the actual shipping label.

Give it time... but if your tracking says they got it... and more than a week has passed I would definitely contact Susie asap.

After a few days of silence, I got a response from Susie:

Hello xxxxxxx,

Sorry for not updating to you in time
We have shipped the new replacement on May 17
tracking number is RFxxxxxxxxxxSG

("xxx"'s above are my edit, not original message).

I'll post a nice comment in the forums at such a time that the replacement laser arrives, and LPM's up to spec.

Else, I'll post a not so nice comment.

Last edited:
^^^Good. Glad to see it worked out. To date I haven't heard a thing from o-like.

I mean I assume they probably would have emailed me if they never got the replacement, hopefully mine was an isolated incident of their fishy behavior:whistle:

After a few days of silence, I got a response from Susie:

Hello xxxxxxx,

Sorry for not updating to you in time
We have shipped the new replacement on May 17
tracking number is RFxxxxxxxxxxSG

("xxx"'s above are my edit, not original message).

I'll post a nice comment in the forums at such a time that the replacement laser arrives, and LPM's up to spec.

Else, I'll post a not so nice comment.

Sounds good.

I hope your replacement laser will be onspec and maybe over.

My underspec laser is on its way to Susie.

I hope that until it gets there they will still have good replacement lasers in stock since right now only 4 left in stock.

Meanwhile, I measured my 'Cute' 250mw red laser. To my disappointment, this laser is also underspec. Its output is near 200mw and peaks at 214mw while it should be over 220mw. Do you think I should return it to Susie as well?