Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

O-Like 400 mW green - short review and shots

weqtor

NOTE: I'll be updating this first post with more content as time goes, to gather the most important stuff in one place.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
First some basic specifications

Wavelength: 532 nm green
Output Power: >350 mW
Dimensions: Φ 24 mm × 190 mm
Duty Cycle: 100 s on / 60 s off
Battery: 1 x 18650 li-ion (included, with charger!)
Focusable: Yes
Waterproof: Yes
Price tag: Roughly $200

>> Link to the O-Like 400 mW green <<
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, so as I promised in my "hello-thread": here are some pics of my green lasers. Just got my battery today so I could fire up the new O-Like (>350 mW). It's up against my old no-name (<100 mW). I wont be able to give you a professional review since I'm rather new to lasers and I don't have access to a LPM. But sometimes pictures speak more than words, especially comparisons. :fightin:

Alright, the first picture is taken in a lit room and the others when pitch black. First aiming at a dark wall, and then aiming at the ceiling. The beams are much more intense in real life, and even more intense outdoors. The O-Like is a beast outdoors! It also lights up the entire room easily. As for burning, just focus the lens and you can light a match instantaneously. The other laser can't light a match at all. :can:

img1733ex.jpg
img1734h.jpg

img1739j.jpg
img1740i.jpg

I went out for a walk to get away from civilization, and took lots of pics and even a video. But with my crappy old Sony camera, everything just got.. crappy. I think I should have had a tripod for the camera, the laser and myself. :banghead: So I decided to just take a few shots from outside our house, where I could place the camera on the steps up to the door. I haven't mixed with the exposure or anything else.

Again, the beams are much brighter and more distinct in real life. If you want me to take other beamshots or try burning things, just make a request! I'll be glad if I can assist anyone who has considered getting this laser and I try to be as honest as I can. ;)

dsc08212x.jpg

dsc08213x.jpg

dsc08214d.jpg

Last edited:

jakeGT

those pictures were exactly what i wanted to answer my question... to order or not to order... thanks! good pics

weqtor

I totally understand. I was also looking for comparison pics before I made up my mind but I couldn't find any. So now I'm posting my own experience to you instead. Keep in mind that I haven't measured the power of any of them, I don't know if the old laser is closer to 50 mW or 100 mW...

Last edited:
the host is the same... but if I were you I take o-like why it is 350mw for only extra 1 buck!!!

weqtor

Unfortunately, I don't have access to a LPM... yet. Also, I can't say anything about the Rayfoss, because I have never tested it. Though it looks like it uses the same host as the early version of O-Like's 400 mW, with internal focus adjustment. With the current O-Like you just screw the front bezel to focus, no tools needed.

For those who don't know, I can add that this laser is waterproof, uses 1 x 18650 cell and is really easy to operate. Only one switch for on/off, no keys or pins or disturbing LEDs...

I think I'll try to get some outdoor beamshots tomorrow... :evil:

Last edited:

Helios

holy newbie attack!

People I dont think he wants his thread to turn into a "which laser should I buy!?" thread. Cool laser....welcome to one addictive and expensive hobby.

Arshus

The picture in the 2nd quadrant, where the o-like is next to the other laser in your living room in the dark, if that's with no smoke, you can really tell how powerful that olike really is...its damn nice. I can't wait to LPM that bad boy. Shame it will be another 3 weeks lol.

-Sal

I never get enough high powered greenie pics, thank you for making my night :)

weqtor

Thank you Helios, I appreciate it.

Yes Arshus, no smoke in any of the pics, it sure is a little bad-ass. BTW what kind of LPM do you have? Any tips on buying one?

Thanks danefex! Stay tuned for the outdoor pics I'll be posting later..

Arshus

I just purchased a Laserbee I from another member here (Tysonc1979) for about $120, it should be here on wednesday with any luck. It can meter almost any wavelength and measure output from 5mW to 1050mW in 1mW incriments. Its all I need for right now, until I can get an alpha.

As far as a meter goes: try and buy a second hand one from another member, or if you are lucky enough to snag a Radiant Alpha, those can meter upto 2W (2000mW)

Radiant Alpha

I'm looking forward to your outdoor pics :p

Regards,

Sal