Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

O-like 200mW red laser new style vs. old vs. cute?

Stay away from the old one. The focus head on it will be very loose. I got one and it fell apart three days after use. Luckily O-Like let me send it back and I got a new style one which works great.

The "cute" one will be slightly more powerful, but there is nothing I can think off from the top of my head that the 300mW one will be able to do which the 200mW can't.

Also make sure you grab your self some protective eye ware. I have the $14 ones O-Like sells, and they seem OK.

hey guys been reading for a few weeks bought my first laser dec. 26 from priceangle.com

recieved jan13th also ordered one from dealextrem one day later still have not recieved

its the first green laser i ever seen its much better that i expected now i want more and

different colors and i want to burn stuff i cant get enough i know from reading you all

know how i feel LOL i dont care to build so im just looking for some resonably priced

lasers that ship to the US whould like a red and/or green for burning 180+ then a blue or

violet (dont know what size) and my GF wants a orange one if they even make em if any

one has a good used one i might be interested i it if the price is right and it works any

suggestions whould be greatly appreciated (i dont have Ebay)

Has anybody tried the Rayfoss 100mw waterproof laser? I DO want it to be able to light matches,fireworks, etc.... I'm not sure if they are overpowered or UNDER powered. I don't want to waste my money if it can't do any of the burning tricks. I would buy an O-like, but I am attracted to the waterproof aspect.

is it a red laser or a green laser?

You would have a much better chance of getting a good answer if you made a thread in the right section.

I have been looking at that laser to but I don't know if it is worth buying or not.

DJNY

With a bit of Teflon tape the old style dilda is working fine.

I personally like the old style best. I usually take the lens head off and use a regular aixiz with focus ring. The old style seem to be very reliable. Pop in some 3.6v cr2's and you will be closer to 250mw

hi new to lpf as of today i mostly joined becus of wicked laseres and there terrible service and wondering how to get my refund and which laser is better from o-like the 200mW or the cute 300mW for burning and compactness and is the beam visible in day?

hi new to lpf as of today i mostly joined becus of wicked laseres and there terrible service and wondering how to get my refund and which laser is better from o-like the 200mW or the cute 300mW for burning and compactness and is the beam visible in day?

The beam will not be visible during the day but the cute style is very compact. If you are talking about the new style 200mW red, it should be the same host as their 400mW 405nm blu-ray laser. I have links to my reviews of both those lasers in my signature. I know the 405nm isn't exactly what you're looking for but it is the same new style host. hope this helps. also you can search the forums for other reviews. i know there are many reviews of the cute style red.

I just got the 200mw new style. I just wanted a laser for burning and the cute 300mw went out of stock. You think I'll be good for just burning

I just got the 200mw new style. I just wanted a laser for burning and the cute 300mw went out of stock. You think I'll be good for just burning

It should be fine for burning. Especially if it is your first burning laser. Just remember to use safety glasses when burning things. They protect your eyes as well as make it easier to focus.

It should be fine for burning. Especially if it is your first burning laser. Just remember to use safety glasses when burning things. They protect your eyes as well as make it easier to focus.

Got myself glasses for it also how long for shipping I ordered it about 1 1/2 weeks ago