Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

NUBMOA diode/

They are not all the same, one nubm08 or nubm07 or other may have a very different factory spot size than another block by the same part number possibly due to different FL GBalls, I suspect the OEM orders what they want, but all I know for certain is you can't count on getting a GBall with a spot size at a given distance just because you had one before, what you get next time by the same part number may be different......however if you remove the GBall can the divergence of the un lensed laser will be the same as others by that part number.

Thank you RC and LT17. I'm very happy with the focus on mine, which is why I was surprised how long the beam pattern is. Very narrow. I don't think I could tighten the focus any further with the existing g-ball. I'm close to finishing the host. I'll post a picture of the stock beam pattern once finished.

I have a couple G2 lenses doing nothing. I think I read above that LT17 mentioned using one backwards and one forward. Gonna have to play with that idea. Thanks again guys.

Thank you RC and LT17. I'm very happy with the focus on mine, which is why I was surprised how long the beam pattern is. Very narrow. I don't think I could tighten the focus any further with the existing g-ball. I'm close to finishing the host. I'll post a picture of the stock beam pattern once finished.

I have a couple G2 lenses doing nothing. I think I read above that LT17 mentioned using one backwards and one forward. Gonna have to play with that idea. Thanks again guys.

You can leave any GBall intact and use a backwards G2 then a forward ( as normal ) 3E or G2 or G3 whatever you want to focus.
You will lose 5% for the GBall and 5% for the backwards G2 over pulling off the GBall can/lens but longevity suffers when can is removed.

Note: I had Rich/Lifetime17 make me the adaptors ( I went with brass ) so if you want some ask him.

gballcouplersb-jpg.62085

Last edited: