Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

NUBMO7E build 4a

badboybilly

Hi guys love this diode so I had to post a thread of The build, it was a tight build set to just under 4a, not Sure of the power as I only have a 2w diy lpm, but Honestly it looks twice as bright as a NDB 7875, the colour Is so nice and so different, I love this colour.

Attachments

Last edited:

RedCowboy

It's a fantastic wavelength and your copper mount looks great, nice build. :gj:

Last edited:

badboybilly

I tested the diode on my 3a power supply before setting the driver and even at 3a it was so bright, and the colour was very noticeable different, so I decided to go with 4a any higher and I would have made to much extra heat for that size host, as it already gets warm fast.

Attachments

Last edited:

Alaskan

LPF Site Supporter
I'm looking for where you bought that diode holder, it looks like a DTR unit but a bit different with the completely open copper back end and the half-moon copper driver ledge.

badboybilly

Hi Alaskan
You have some great builds mate.
Yes the module is a DTR solid copper back half, not sure how new they are but there solid and very nice, I had to shorten one, and the half moon sink is from a solid bar of cooper ground on my grinder and then filed down with a fine file until it was a perfect half, took over 2hrs too make but the satisfaction of it sliding in the module perfectly at the end is awesome, I then arctic adhesived it to DTR,s module, as is the driver, you could also cut one of DTrs modules in half but there too nice to sacrifice

Alaskan

LPF Site Supporter
Nice work. If I were DTR I'd offer the same thing, I don't see anything exactly like it on his google shop page