Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

NUBM47-A1 Custom Volt Panel build 5w+

badboybilly

Thanks all!
Yes it's Aluminium my bad, it was a lot of work but it was fun I do like working with my hands, here's a quick vid of the laser the batts in this vid were very low at the time of the vid.

https://youtu.be/2L1ii2zrmuA

I managed to mount a NUBMO6 Gball lens in a brass holder and I'm getting just under 7w with it nice!

Attachments

Last edited:

RedCowboy

Good job man, nice and battle ship sturdy too, I love it. :gj:

Shmackitup

LPF Site Supporter
Very Nice!!! Are you going to mass produce them?

RedCowboy

Since Smackitup posted and I got another look at this thread, I noticed 10.9v on your meter.

Did those 3 sanyos have a full charge? Because 3 EFest IMR's would not have sagged below 12.0v

Sanyos and Panasonic NCR's are good cells but they can't compete with the IMR formulation.

BobMc

Glad your healing from your accident. Hope everybody else is ok also. That is one good looking laser. I bet it took awhile to drill those holes, but the end result is fantastic! One more for the book! Love all the build pics. Thanks, there great!-------edit , oooops I thought this was a new thread, its months old. I sure your all healed up, which is a good thing. Still a great build!

Last edited:

badboybilly

Thanks all!
No plan on mass producing this laser!
I mentioned at the top of this page that the batts were very low at the time of this vid!

RedCowboy

Thanks all!
No plan on mass producing this laser!
I mentioned at the top of this page that the batts were very low at the time of this vid!
OOPS, my mistake, I had overlooked that, but with 3 cells in series the sag won't be a problem anyway, with 2 cells I would use an IMR/INR formulation rather than the old Panasonic NCR or sanyo Li-Ion.

4 Genuine Sanyo UR18650FM 18650 2600mAh 3.7v Flat Top Li-Ion Battery

(2) Efest Purple IMR 18650 3000mAh/35A High Drain Flat Top Rechargeable Battery | eBay

Last edited:

badboybilly

No big deal Red
Thanks for the links!
I think you also missed that I'm using 3-14500 sanyo,s in this build because I didn't want to risk drilling a larger diameter hole all the way through the bar on my drill press!

RedCowboy

Yep, got me again, my eye saw it but my brain wasn't listening. :) :beer:
I did breeze through the text this 2nd time around in my defense.

Last edited: