Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

NUBM44 vs. NUBM47

Does anyone know the technical differences between the 44's and 47's??? There appears to be a few different versions of the 47's as well. I just got this block which are NUBM47T's

diachi

I believe testing concluded they are the same diodes. The NUBM47 block just has 10 instead of the 8 in the NUBM44 block.

Everyone seems to think they're the same but the odd thing is that they're coming out of different lumens projectors. The diode to lumens ratios are all a little different so either they're just being driven at different currents or perhaps there is an actual difference. I just don't know.

Test one, and if it's over 7w you have found a more powerful diode and I'll be first to by one!

I have understood that datasheets are available ("leaked") only for diodes and blocks sold at ebay (and even DTR does not have it for NUBM06).

And for the diodes/blocks of 44 and 47 which are exclusively extracted from projectors there is no datasheet avialable, so only results of testing by DTR and other members is here to find to know the current-power graph.

I remember that in ABarretts thread DTR has checked 47 and found that it was almost identical to 44 in ouput, however I would also like to test it with my Blue-blue dichro (pass/reflect ratio) to make sure that also wavelength is identical. Because I suppose that WL should be a more characteristical feature of the die/resonator (not sure how it is called correctly) than output or beam divergence (what might only depend on size factors).

That´s why I have asked DTR to send me one which would be for sure 47 and not 44 to compare with 44s I already got from him before new projectors with 47 appeared on market. But the package has not arrived yet...

DTR

Yep they are the same diode just more in the block for the higher lumen units. The both typically do just over 7W with 4.5A and a G-2.

The 44's I offer now are mostly out of 47 blocks.

We went down the same road with the XJ units with the different lumen units but those threads got deleted from the C***** fiasco.

Here is what I see on the differences based on the Lumen.

2700 Lumen 7 NUBM44 and PT-39 LED
3000 Lumen 8 NUBM44 and PT-39 LED
3300 Lumen 8 NUBM44 and PT-54 LED
3500 Lumen 10 NUBM44 and PT-54 LED

Last edited:
So I had this thought. The projector manufacturers rely heavily on the marketing departments to sell their products. Being in the industry I've seen a lot of "specs" that weren't necessarily created by engineers. I'm guessing the lumens on the projectors are the lowest common denominator and they are simply setting some higher or lower to sell more projectors. Some companies use ANSI lumens and others just say lumens like NEC and Epson and their output tend to be much higher than ANSI lumens, especially their laser projectors. I don't really think we can use their stated lumens as a good place to judge what the diodes are actually outputting, just a general reference I suppose.