Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

NUBM31T 95W 455nm

Yes, that could happen but I'm sure the specs are well within a safety limit for that to ever happen under normal conditions.

Yes, that could happen but I'm sure the specs are well within a safety limit for that to ever happen under normal conditions.
That's what I figured. Where to find a driver. That heatsink is not portable but still neat. Definitely will need a TEC with a decent finned sink and fan blowing air to make it portable but still even as is If love to see it working

Hi Shmackitup,

What kind of PJ was this? Does the ebay price of 480usd look right?

BTW the specs for 31T say 3.5A max current - same as it was for NUBM07.
1.8A is how I was driving the M140 (4.5A from bench supply into 3 parallel series of 8 LDs in the KE-light engine, so each row would have 1.5+/-10%A passing).

Have you looked under the multilens - are the emitters closed or open can?
Are the beams parallel or focused like by H1600 multilens?

Maybe Im having a brainfart but 26V at 1.8A would mean diodes arent in parallel(electrically). How many per driver??

It appears there are four sets of five diodes in series. With each diode in series the forward voltage increases but the current does not.

And what is under the multilens? Can it be lifted or is glued to the body to protect emitters from air?

Are beams parallel? Can this thing be of use to construct something decent or only a close range burner like light engines from A/M 130?

And what is under the multilens? Can it be lifted or is glued to the body to protect emitters from air?

Are beams parallel? Can this thing be of use to construct something decent or only a close range burner like light engines from A/M 130?

You speak my language. LOLOLOLOL! Big lens to collimate /focus, several and its a DIY fusion reactor. Lol

How well are the beams collimated I wonder, if half way decent then a big beam expander would make for some fun.

Hi DA,

Can you show a picture of the spot at 1 and 5m on the wall (one row at 1A would be enough) like I did it here with a NUBM08 block?

Well this popped up out of nowhere! Beautiful!!! That's just one row? OMG!! Collimated it could be a colluder(pasta strainer) maker. Looks like heat pipes coming off your heatsink. Love the tape roll as a lens base. Lol! Gotta do what you gotta do.

Tape has so many uses ^^ : D ,

LS - I will try and do that when I get around to setting the diode up again .

Thanks Red , Alien : D