Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

NUBM06 445nm diode.

This is my new laser. It's ready to go with either a NUBM06 NUBM07E or a NUGM01T.

Attachments

• 1458657478801.jpg
    1458657478801.jpg
    335.8 KB · Views: 157
Reactions: GSS
There's a pretty good chance they will be. It's pretty crazy that this diode hit 7.96 at only a little over 4.5 amps. I haven't even pushed it all the way up. I'm getting some BlackBuck6 6 amp drivers this week. I think it will hit 8.3watts. That's just my guess. I have my quad NUBM06 build pretty much all set. It's going to be pretty intense. I can't wait to see what it looks like in the night sky.

Hi A B,
Do you think it can handle 5A's with a huge Cu Or Al heat sinks. Powered with 2-26650's or 2- 32650's just curious would like to see the results. Maybe I'll test it on my PSU first to see were the roll back begins in a fan cooled labby sink.

Rich:)

This is the highest wattage yet. 7.95watts at 4.6amps this diode seems to be very efficient. I have a bench power supply on the way then I will be able to do a thorough test.

You shouldn't meter powerful lasers so close to the LPM, the heat will throw the readings off.

Cool. I'm glad you got it so fast. I was surprised when I got these modules. I didn't think they were anywhere near as massive as they are. I think they would work pretty well if you drilled out an aluminum heatsink and used them that way. Just by themselves you can run the 06 diode for at least 20 seconds or a little longer. I think they are brass but to be honest I'm not sure. I think they weigh 2.5 ounces each.
Those are some really good pics you took of the diode. How did you take them?

Last edited:
Im not exactly sure. The FL was so short I never did much with it. I just sold my last one to somebody who wanted to burn stuff close up. So I can't give you much info on it besides it was from China and in the light brass colored holder.
Also if you look at the module I sold you I tinned the inside where the diode goes. That's why it looks more silver than the rest.

Also look what I got today.

Attachments

• 1458781253036.jpg
    1458781253036.jpg
    298.6 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:
It could be bad if the spring got hung up and bent towards the chip or bond wires. It would be all done. Ive thought about getting some better springs also. But I wouldn't want the spring to create metal chips between the lens and diode.
I sent out the gball lenses to you today.

It would be awesome to get a microscope close up of a diode when it's turned on. I bet we'd have a better understanding of what's actually happening. If you got a filter and ran it aseems low as possible you might be able to do it without damaging your scope.

@ABarnett
Have you been able to source any more of these diodes yet? I was wanting to go in on a 08 GB, but that looks like it's going to be a struggle getting those for a good price at the moment.

I can get them but not at the price I was paying. It will probably be around $540.00 but that's with 3 day fedex shipping.

I can get them but not at the price I was paying. It will probably be around $540.00 but that's with 3 day fedex shipping.

I was getting ready to pull the trigger on a 44 build before I saw these. So even at that price, they seem worth it. I'm debating holding off until we see what's going to happen with those 08 blocks, but if you think that you want to start a 06 GB, just let me know. :D

You are probably right about it being layered or something like that. If it was a solid piece of glass I would expect it to be a little bit more rugged and not turn back into sand when you try to get them out of the can. Plus the beam it makes out of the Gball is different than anything I've seen. I knew it as soon as I saw the profile they did something different. Plus it's super efficient. If one of our more academic members here could apply the math and we could know the exact lens to use.

Do you want me send a replacement? It could also have been a side effect from the extraction. I have quite a few of them out in world and this is only the second one that's blown. It's possible other people have had them go but in almost any situation I would fix it for free.

Last edited: