Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Now Polished HS! The Bastard: 445nm 1.9A UltraFire KF-T60 Host-PIC HEAVY AND VIDEO

I'm not sure on just the bare host, but I got mine from zerolasers.com for $40. It comes with an aluminum heatsink and an x-blank already installed and prewired. He charges 10 bucks extra for the tail cap mod.

Wow...yeah, at that price, I'll go C-6 or go hard w/ a custom host. The expense for The Bastard was worth it, since it was my and Bella's build together. But, not that much for something so common...sorry, I'm not knocking yours or your choice, I'm just making a different one, and I'd be honored if you chose me to polish it for you.

Yeah, that's why I've stuck to C6 host too. I find it a little odd that the SkyRays are, at least for me, hard to find. Then when I've found them thier either always out of stock, or kits that are a bit pricey.

However, I had planned to build a 405 in one for a while, so i grabbed it once I found one.
Since I already went this way, why not make it shiny too? :cool:

I can dig it! I've finally found a way to keep myself from selling all my personal 405s...I'm pressing one into my Kryton and holding on to it! I just know after today's experience, I am going to try polishing one of them.

Hmmm... I wanted to get in that group buy, but missed it. Got in on his focus adapter and heatsink GB, then somehow missed the krypton.

But I will get one...or more when he puts them up on his site.

If you have luck polishing them, I might wind up sending alot of metal your way! :san:

Thanks CL! If you cannot wait on me, Mrcrouse does an excellent job and only charges $20.

No problem :beer:

Mrcrouse and sinner have both been pulling at me as I consider graduating from the C6. I've seen beautiful work from those guys, plus I want to eventually go multi-diode...

But I'm not in a hurry, I've got a couple of builds in the works.

If you haven't seen it yet, might I recommend looking at the MS-SSW build thread in my sig. It's shipping out Priority in the morning from NYC. I've already got the driver/diode/batteries for it. I'll have the first 520nm MS-SSW ever!

I'm already signed up for the MS V5.

Yup, I subscribed to the thread. I love my pl520, and want to see that beam in that awesome host.

Yeah, I finished it last friday. I'm working on a build review. I put it in a SL S4 host with a copper heatsink. It hit 95mW on a near full aw imr batt.

I just took some beam shots earlier. I would have liked to put it in a nicer host, but couldn't wait...

lol....I slapped mine into my MXDL heatsink and ran it with my PSU to get a beamshot immediately! We're all so bad at patience with these things. I can't believe I haven't had a full-on panic attack while waiting for Sinner's host.