Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Now Offering Anodizing Services! Prices Added!!!

well it's under production now so...
If it isn't easily removable I'll get it apart sometime in the future, can't promise right away though :whistle:

Last edited:

well it's under production now so...
If it isn't easily removable I'll get it apart sometime in the future, can't promise right away though :whistle:

Has he already started installing the module? If not, I'd have him stop, and send it here so it can get anodized first. Be much easier than tearing it apart later.

If anyone is looking to get something anodized, I may be able to fit your part in with the focus knobs when I do them, so let me know, and I may be able to offer a discount!

I have ordered 8 new colors to add to the offering of color choices.
The additional colors coming are
Wine
Golden Yellow
Kelly Green
Apple Green
Teal
Royal Blue
Cocoa Brown
Tan

This will give us an offering of 15 stock colors and natural anodized finish so I guess you could say 16 different colors.
The gloss "shinny" finish and satin "flat" finish are all in how the part is prep'd so this gives two finish types to choose from.
I will be creating 8 more color samples for posting like the ones my son has already posted.
The new colors will be in today but will take me a couple of days to get them ready for display.
All pricing for services are through my son MRCROUSE.
Thanks for your interest.

Just wanted to let everyone know that in my testing of these anodized finishes I have found our anodizing to be tougher than what is on most flash lights out there. The process of removing anodizing works consistently to remove the finish from manufactured flashlights but I have found our finish is harder to remove. I have used a deburring unitized wheel on it and it is extremely abrasive resistant.

A note on finishes. When a part is anodized in a satin "flat" finish the color is more consistent, true. The aluminum below does not show through.
When a part is finished in a gloss "shinny" finish the color is more transparent where the aluminum slightly shows through.
Personally I like shinny things so even though the color isn't as solid it gives a more luxurious look to the part. This of course is a matter of choice and what you are trying to use the part on.
Thanks for your interest.
Ed

Some pics for the new colors are up! I will get more pics outside tomorrow.

IMG_1914_zps664c4ce7.jpg

IMG_1915_zps68621e73.jpg

Violet MXDL

You got hot pink dye ? I'm thinking between hot pink or purple for my minisabre v2 that danefex is gonna send you :)

I do not have hot pink, but the purple can be made made much brighter depending on how long we soak it in the dye.

I do not have hot pink, but the purple can be made made much brighter depending on how long we soak it in the dye.

Sounds good, how about this for all my next minisabres I buy how about you paint them corresponding to there wavelengths :)

I think that would look good in my opinion :p