Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Novalasers Alpha 125 Baseline Laser Review.

f22warzone said:
umm i dont kno about the switch but i am shure you could ask them but after you spind that much you might as well get a RPL
yeah i figured that... myabe it'll still make sense when I'm about to get a Alpha 105. But with the Alpha 125 it doesn't make real sense anymore considering the costs.

And thx fpr sharing your experience on nimh's with me. I thought the IR pump diodes could be driven better on 1,2v cells, at least better than the red diodes. I have a pulsar (completely unregulated) and it kind of annoys me that the lasers drops so fast in power due to draining batteries. I thought it would be less of a problem with the greenies. Might be another "pro" for the RPL as this unit uses 3V Lithium rechargeables :) Hm I got to look into that... Anyway thank you very much for explaining me the Alpha 125, that helped me a lot. ;)

ok heres the thing i just pulld the battries out of the charger and they have been charging for 1 day(3 hours till the red lights went off then the rest they were just trickle charging i guess) but anways dude my alpha was doing great = to if not > lithium battries and man does this thing burn lol.... anways i decid for the heck of it i would put on a convex lense from my old burnt out lead light and its got a focal point of about 3cm away from the lens but man is that point sharp like smaller then the point of a nedal and man does it burn any thing lit wet matches soakd in rubbing alchol like they were nothing even hurd the alchol boil off its great man i cant beleavie the power of these things when you confine them to a point .... i have a whole new love for this thing now to only make my cap able to screw in instead of being held on with sticky tack :p

Ref

Switch said:
Why could it be called the "dead man's switch" anyway since it's just a phono-jack?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_man's_switch

Was that Swordfish that starts off with the guy in the bank holding that bomb detonator with the dead man's switch built in? If he was shot and dropped it, the place would blow up. Same concept. The plug is supposed to be attached to a lanyard on your wrist so that if the device were ever dropped or taken from you, the irresponsible person that did so would not be able to harm themselves or anyone else with it.

Has anyone measured the real divergence of an Alpha?
I want to buy one (probably not anytime soon), but I really like good divergence...
And measurements from a few different lasers would be nice...
I wouldn't mind the delay and dongle, but does the key have to remain in the laser to operate also?

no you can take the key out and it stays on.... mine was measred around 1.2-1.4

Hmmm... I guess that's ok.
I need to save up some more money...

f22warzone: does your Alpha have a perfect TEM00 mode?
I heard somewhere that Nova no longer guarantees TEM00.

ya but last night i gues that i was holding it in my hand for to long as it lever left my hand for about 2 hours but i followd the duty cycle but i guess the heat had no ware to disapate as my had is 96'f and with the laser propbly heated up and stuff so it shifted from perfect tem00 to tem01/2 dont kno if thats really but it wasnt 2 dots just kina of a oval but now today after its coold down its back to perrfect tem00 nice and round and at 10' i have a dot that is 1' wide :p with this awsom lens i have

My X105 does that, but all the time- even in the cold. :( It's kind of a bummer... It wasn't that bad at first but it got a little worse recently... But overall it's still a great laser...
Maybe when I get an Alpha I'll make it into a IR burner...
I'm planning on getting the Alpha 105... the 125 would be nice, but I just can't justify paying $100 more for ~20-30mW more... I have enough for the A85 now... but I have a Protest the Hero show in March I need to save money for ;D. Maybe in a month or two I'll have enough cash set aside. I can't wait...

someday ... maby after summer vacation i will have the 3k to buy the 400mw hurk :p....... probly wont happen but its a nice dream :p but till then i have my mini buring kik but alpha :p

Hmmm... this is going a little off topic...
Haha I don't know if I'd be able to let myself spend 3k on a laser unless it can sweep the floors and work full time for me.
I'm more interested in the Aires from Laserglow... The 200 is on my list of things to buy before I die.
Does anyone know what kind of times they are supposed to have? I can't find any reviews on an Aries laser here... does anyone even own one? EDIT: I meant 'run times...'