Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Noob needs help finding a laser.

So what i'm looking for is a powerful blue laser pointer that can be used to charge glow in the dark stuff. It can't be a burning laser obviously and if prefer it to be blue because of pure cosmetic reasons but if violet is better for charging without burning i'm open to new things. i'm not looking to build my own laser quite yet so id like to buy one for less than $100 but seeing the prices of blue lasers i'd go as high as $150.
sorry for the wall of text, any help will be appreciated.

Violet would be better for charging as they are near UV. Since you don't want it to burn, get those cheap 405nm laser pen from ebay.

Last edited:
It all depends.
Take a look at this. The laser from gearbest should be more reliable than ebay

So what i'm looking for is a powerful blue laser pointer that can be used to charge glow in the dark stuff. It can't be a burning laser obviously and if prefer it to be blue because of pure cosmetic reasons but if violet is better for charging without burning i'm open to new things. i'm not looking to build my own laser quite yet so id like to buy one for less than $100 but seeing the prices of blue lasers i'd go as high as $150.
sorry for the wall of text, any help will be appreciated.

Be careful with 405/purple.
Even the ebay 405nm laser pens can be 50mw and more, but it won't look like much.
However if you point it into your eye you can burn a blind spot on your retina that will be there for life.
Many of the ebay 405's say 5mw but many are actually 50mw and more so be careful.
p.s. You can charge glow in the dark stuff with a bright led flashlight very well.
Get a XML-T6 or a XML-U2 or any of the flashlights that use the 18650 battery.

Last edited:
Ive had a 100mw green laser and it barley charges GITD stuff. My xml flashlights do a way better job. A ultrafire wb-502/501 does a great job at charging GITD and its roughly 8$.

Noob needs to finish his proflie & MEMBERS NEED TO QUIT SPOON FEEDING
it does NOT encourage them to do ANY homework
& the location and true age are REALLY important
INSTEAD give them just ONE link and wait to see what they do with that PLEASE!!!

WHAT??

you sure you want to do this?
I give out much more +rep and friend requests than going after those w/o manners.
Most dont know about this and pretty much all of them finish thier profiles and make a nice intro and we are fine after that--The sooner they get with the program the sooner we can get back to the lasers..

Did he just join and post this if so my bad and I agree with you. I'm on my phone and can't look at profiles

QUOTE=hakzaw1;1378295]WHAT??

you sure you want to do this?
I give out much more +rep and friend requests than going after those w/o manners.
Most dont know about this and pretty much all of them finish thier profiles and make a nice intro and we are fine after that--The sooner they get with the program the sooner we can get back to the lasers..[/QUOTE]

How about you quit being a keyboard warrior and a complete dick head to every new member that makes a new post on here 👍

Did he just join and post this if so my bad and I agree with you. I'm on my phone and can't look at profiles

I completely agree with hak. You yourself just joined and didn't post a welcome thread or anything about yourself in your profile, we know nothing about you. I am assuming you are a 13 year old until you post a photo of yourself. You are not off to a good start here, you would be wise to avoid any more name calling.

Alan

iTS ok NO FOUL NO HARM

last night I was not in a great mood and did come down hard on a few newcomers
my bad for that -mostof the time i just PM them and we are good-

not nice of me to ridiclue in public and i also failed to make a nice intro at another forum until I had been there a year-got a second chance to make a good first impression- & I did get lots of welcomes and belated greets --

I AM aware that there exisits forum whee its a BAD idea to give up most personal info....I like to think that LPF is NOt one f those and we all tend to have each others backs- evident by the MANY times we chipped in to help members in a very BAD place and time. way too many to list.

I hosted a few of these and were touched by how thankful these folks were..
& I feel like they are family.. AND family can point out faults-errors etc and still be family--

Even tho LPF does have mods & admin (of course) it is still a self moderated forum in many ways... & you can sometimes tel when the hammer is about to come down when you see some mods names showing after they visited thier profile page--

I know of this the HARD way as I got a temp ban for my mistakes long ago.

btw since joining I have had >55,000 visitors to my profile!!!
now if I could just find a way to have each send me 5$ haha

hak's dos centavos solo