Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

No Longer FS: PointedFire 1,100mW 446nm - Finned Brushed Metal

rhd

Re: FS: PointedFire 1,100mW 446nm - Finned Brushed Metal

What is the dimensions of this host? Could you hold it in your hand and take a picture? I'm looking for a 445nm around this spec but nothing longer than the length of my hand.

Roughly 5.5 inches

Roughly 5.5 inches

LOL sounds like it's meant to be: it's about as long as my...

Ok anyway you accept credit card/moneybookers/western union? Also any warranty?

Roughly 5.5 inches

What did you hold in your hand as a reference for that 5 1/2 inches? :whistle:

EDIT: You were fast... "beat me to it."

Last edited:

rhd

LOL sounds like it's meant to be: it's about as long as my...

PM sent.

EDIT: I think Ryan is going with a Lazerer.com unit instead. I told him I wouldn't beat their $139 price tag ;) lol

So this build remains available.

Last edited:

PM sent.

EDIT: I think Ryan is going with a Lazerer.com unit instead. I told him I wouldn't beat their $139 price tag ;) lol

So this build remains available.

Yeah, everyone's needs are different. If you want raw wattage there are cheaper options. If you want a piece of "art" with stylish design and presentation then go with RHD's builds! But it costs a little more.

Nice thing with your builds is that you rarely use G-1 lenses, so it is easy to crank out another 25-30% in wattage with a simple lens change!

I love my http://laserpointerforums.com/f39/s...ghest-powered-sm-blue-build-so-far-70682.html 200mW 450nm laser from RHD (my iPad capitalizes the RHD no matter what I do and I'm tired if fighting it) and it was worth every penny.

rhd

Yeah, everyone's needs are different. If you want raw wattage there are cheaper options. If you want a piece of "art" with stylish design and presentation then go with RHD's builds! But it costs a little more.

Nice thing with your builds is that you rarely use G-1 lenses, so it is easy to crank out another 25-30% in wattage with a simple lens change!

I love my http://laserpointerforums.com/f39/s...ghest-powered-sm-blue-build-so-far-70682.html 200mW 450nm laser from RHD (my iPad capitalizes the RHD no matter what I do and I'm tired if fighting it) and it was worth every penny.

Thank you :)

Although I'd note that even for raw power, I don't think Lazerer.com does much? It seems like most of the builds on this forum exceed the power of Lazerer's top build.

More to the point though, the Lazerer lasers are junk. I know of a whole lot of users with broken Lazerer Rifles (mostly because they PM members trying to find someone who can fix them).

Greetings,

I am sure this is long gone but am in the US, 48yrs old and several saftey goggles and understand the need for safety. PM me if this is still available.

Moe

Purchased the original fandyfire and love it! Plenty of heat to make most anything smoke up to 6 feet away. Beam on a clear night is solid and defined with nice color. Excellent communication from rhd throughout process. A+

Some shots

Attachments

• photo copy.JPG
    photo copy.JPG
    73.1 KB · Views: 69
  • 1photo.JPG
    1photo.JPG
    105.7 KB · Views: 68
  • photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    54.8 KB · Views: 72
Ok, so back on topic. I have purchased THREE of RHD's builds so far and they are all outstanding. You cannot go wrong with his lasers or his followup if you have questions or problems (I wasn't sure which way to install batteries in one build and almost fried a driver).

This is a beauty and with the custom heat sink, a build that will stand out from the average fandyfire build, plus it had to cost awful close to what he is selling it for now!

At 1.1W it will pop the balloon. Burn the paper and shine the stars! (stolen from a Chinese laser website, sorry!)

Step right up and put down your money folks, get this beauty before it is gone.

rhd

Man, from the looks of posts 41+, I missed some major excitement in this thread!

No worries, this build sold a while ago. Sorry I missed the drama!

Man, from the looks of posts 41+, I missed some major excitement in this thread!

No worries, this build sold a while ago. Sorry I missed the drama!

Honestly, this wasn't really drama. You want drama, you need to check out your DIY Driver thread! :shhh:

This was just me and Tech Junkie and Ryan busting each others chops and joking around - and I guess Tech Junkie thought we might have disrupted your For Sale thread so we all deleted our junk in case it was a distraction.

No neg reps were given! :crackup: