Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

No Longer FS: 4 WATT OUTPUT DPSS 532nm GREEN LAB LASER - BRILLIANT BEAM AT NIGHT!

Re: FS: 4 WATT OUTPUT DPSS 532nm GREEN LAB LASER - BRILLIANT BEAM AT NIGHT!

Stop making this so tempting !!

You can adjust the current inside with a pot, as well as the TEC temperature, but they are interrelated, you can't adjust one without affecting the other. They aren't terribly difficult to align, but takes time and lots of very slow tiny adjustments to each.

yeah, I agree with that statement in most cases. I have a 3.5W ish F-model that can probably give this one a run for its money. Love it, but damn near impossible to run anywhere without burning whatever its shining against. This is a great deal...mine originally retails at about 4K+ and yours is the next model up, the N-model, which goes up to 5W, but with a ever so slight loss of beam quality. 4.25 is probably very comfortable for it, and I can't imagine how much more it costs...probably at least 4.5K normally! Beautiful laser man, and hope it sells fast!

This one can do 4.5 watts, but I don't want to push it that far. I don't know this is the N model for sure, those specifications I received were as close to this model as I could get, not this exact laser.

Last edited:

This one can do 4.5 watts, but I don't want to push it that far. I don't know this is the N model for sure, those specifications I received were as close to this model as I could get, not this exact laser.

Anyone want it for 950 shipped?

well, the N and W series lasers are basically outwardly identical just one is bigger than the other. but the N is newer, and didn't always exist, it might be a W from before it was revised recently. I'd have to know the dimensions. either way, point is moot, its a very powerful laser.

International shipping has got to be expensive, but I could send in two separate boxes to lighten the individual packages, but not sure how much that would help in shipping cost, or whether it would just add to the cost sending it that way.

Last edited:

You are offering a fantastic bargain Alaskan and I am very tempted, but there's a gun show this weekend and I am planning to buy, that and Christmas shopping has already put me over my December expendable budget, actually I am spending January's fun money in advance too. :shhh:

Last edited:

I took the listing off of ebay, I'd rather find a member who wants it, in time, I expect I will. I can list it on ebay again if someone wants to buy it that way but it costs me an extra amount to do so.

Yea and better that someone who knows what they are doing gets it, for several reasons.

I saw this for sale on ebay. It seems like a good deal. I understand the downside of selling on ebay. The seller fee would be close to $100. If it's still around in about a month I will probably grab it. I've been working on my own DPSS build for a while. It's taken a back seat to other projects. It would be nice to have this one ready to go.

@Redcowboy & @Alaskan

You guys are a trip! Gee, what to do? Spend a grand on a 532 ~4 W lab laser or decent deal at a gun show. I don't think you can get a really good weapon for under a grand anymore, certainly not an NFA goodie...although perhaps someone with a gotta sell private deal to offer.

I am looking at the CNI site trying to figure out exactly which one this is? (I think I've found it.) The next question I ask myself is what would I do with it? I came here with a particular project in mind and don't want to get too lost collecting things lol

How much was it worth new?

May I ask why you are selling it?

Actually, of the goodies you have I think the 50 watt IR FAP800 & Your Mace of Doom with the telephoto might be more practical. :drool: Really, that IR is something at some point I want to put together.

Of strange interest, the Yamataka Series Stun Gun & Led Light & laser dazzler 500 mw for a mere $549 by Jetlasers is unusual. I still have not figured out how this would not harm someone permently.

I was selling it to put the money towards a imac computer for my wife at Christmas, which I bought anyway. Only reason I'd sell it now is to finance another laser pointer project because I'm not working any OT this winter that I know of, would be able to buy a few more NDG7475T's for it.

I'd like to get my IR FAP going too, but it needs to run off of a 2 VDC lead acid battery and need something machined to hold it all together.

Bump

Someone on ebay offering 850 for it with free shipping, won't take it if I have to pay shipping.

Edit: the beam cannot normally be seen in daylight, but I just finished burning a piece of cardboard paper before this photo was taken.
There wasn't any smoke in the air I could see myself, but the beam was bright enough to pick up on it anyway.

4c6ef2a7-ce86-4c9e-aa30-724a053cf5a1.jpg

Last edited:

yeah, 3-4W plus is definitely visible during the day. my 3 watt is actually very bright even in daylight. I gotta be careful though as it'll burn holes in my wall. I always have to put a beamdump or steel something in the beam to terminate it. Great stuff! great deal too.

I can see the beam from the side inside during the day, but not outside, the sun is too bright. I can faintly see it in the daytime if looking down the beam where it is pointed from behind.

I am attaching a photo of what the beam looks like burned into wood, about 5mm wide. As you can see, it isn't round, it is oval shaped. The wider dark spot was left burning too long, I think it makes the mark look bigger than the beam actually was, measuring the beam from the side I saw 5mm. Scale graduations are in mm. Looking at the burn mark, most of the energy appears to be about 3mm wide, so not sure what to call the real width now.

image_14.jpeg

Last edited:

I think they're spec'd at 4mm at "near TEM00" iirc. which those burn marks seem to support. My F module is a 3mm TEM00. so that would make perfect sense. at 4 W that'd make for an amazing green projector module... and at that price....its a steal.