Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Nla/sold ----------

Re: FT: 100MHz Tek Portable Digital Scope/DMM Meter -- UPDATED -- MAKE OFFER

Updated --- please see above

That's nice, but you obviously got it second hand, and that means it probably has calibration or noise problems right?

I've got a nice old HP 100Mhz digital oscilloscope; a nice ones they used to have in my labs. Unfortunately it has noise problems and I don't have the patience to calibrate it up (even though I have a full set of manufacturing documents on it from HP) so it just sits here.

The scope could be nice for someone who can fix it up, but you should provide some info on its calibration and performance.

Hey. I'm interested in this.

I've got 3 HeNe's in 3 colors in 3 different mount configurations.

Does that interest at all?

The red and green are not so high value, but the yellow alone is worth $250 +.

Updated --- please see above

Looks awesome and that seems like a great deal - but I wouldn't begin to even know how to use the thing. Wish I did, it looks super cool. :yh:

I think there are probably some folks here that would really like a yellow HeNe! You should post it for sale.

Nice deal

That's nice, but you obviously got it second hand, and that means it probably has calibration or noise problems right?

I've got a nice old HP 100Mhz digital oscilloscope; a nice ones they used to have in my labs. Unfortunately it has noise problems and I don't have the patience to calibrate it up (even though I have a full set of manufacturing documents on it from HP) so it just sits here.

The scope could be nice for someone who can fix it up, but you should provide some info on its calibration and performance.

Nope, not second hand. I am the original owner of this instrument, and have overseen every last minute of its use.

I used it at work up till about a year ago. It didnt see a lot of use actually as we have nice $50000 3GHZ Yokagawa's. I did use it recently for a project next to a Yokagawa, I needed the 2 extra channels on a test setup. It performs just as well as the Yoka set at the same basic settings.

It was last calibrated in 2009. I have the calibration report somewhere. it did have the sticker on it, but it became un readable, so I cleaned it off. It was not out of calibration at that time. With these types of scopes, they simply run the internal diagnostics, and if it reports good, thats it, slap a sticker on it. If it reports bad, the they will then attempt a calibration, that is if the internal self calibration does not suffice.

The internal self diagnostics report that it is still within factory calibration. I can post a screen of that if you want?

There are no apparent noise issues. No more apparent noise than our Yokagawas running at the same sample rate.

This scope does NOT need "FIXED UP". It is in practically perfect condition, minus a few minor scuffs that are not very apparent at all.

Badger, a lot of the calibration issues you may be thinking of are carry-over from the days of analog/CRT scopes. Digital scopes generally do not suffer badly from some of these issues. Most decent digital scopes actually have internal mechanisms to cope with such calibration issues. When the unit has maxed out its ability to compensate, then it should be manually calibrated, or input stages replaced.

Tell you what, i will post a screen of the self diagnostics, AND, I will hook it up to a function generator at 1MHZ @500Ms/s and set it up to measure noise and post screens of it.

Last edited:

I have several HeNe's , no yellow though. I really have no use for them right now. However tsteele93 probably had the best advice on that. Im sure there is someone who would take that off your hands pretty quickly.

Ok, I retract my comment then. Sounds like a good deal for a nice portable scope, and costs less than even those Rigol scopes that are pretty cheap for their capabilities.

Ok, I retract my comment then. Sounds like a good deal for a nice portable scope, and costs less than even those Rigol scopes that are pretty cheap for their capabilities.

We have a Rigol at work, its decent, but its no Tek !!

Why are you trying to sell the scope by the way?

Why are you trying to sell the scope by the way?

There are other things I want more. Plus I have 2 other scopes, and I find myself using my trusty old analog scope 99% of the time.

NO LONGER AVAILABLE

THIS ITEM NOW BELONGS TO >>>> tysonc1979