Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Nigel Standford music video Automatica

If you haven't heard of Nigel Standford you soon will.
Taking art and science and fusing them to an electronic beat. Watch the video and enjoy. Here's Automatica

:wave: :D

Last edited:

BobMc

That was fascinating to watch a robot play a guitar. That some precision! Thanks for posting. :)

yeah I just download his album. The entire album is great. He even crosses over his Cymatics album into rap which actually fits.

The original video is here

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Very cool video, Seoul! :beer:
That video required a whole lot of programing of those Kuka robots; lots of work, impressive. :)

One thing that I did notice, and don't get me wrong, because the look was very impressive, but at between 2:10 and 2:20 or so where he walks between those moving robots, just one mistake and he's caught between them.
In a real industrial setting where robots are used, he'd be an ex employee in a heartbeat! :eek:
:gj: +rep!

Very cool video, Seoul! :beer:
That video required a whole lot of programing of those Kuka robots; lots of work, impressive. :)

One thing that I did notice, and don't get me wrong, because the look was very impressive, but at between 2:10 and 2:20 or so where he walks between those moving robots, just one mistake and he's caught between them.
In a real industrial setting where robots are used, he'd be an ex employee in a heartbeat! :eek:
:gj: +rep!

Indeed, those robots are very dangerous and can deliver at least 250Kg of force on those swing arms. Having used one before I can appreciate the danger they pose, especially ones that size. However Nigel was able to program those KUKA and got them playing music in real life.. Yes there some CG in there too, but most of it is real. They made mincemeat of that piano though...lol... :beer: :crackup:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Yes, that poor piano didn't stand a chance, the guitar didn't fare much better either! :eek:
I know one thing, I've got got to get one of those blue "Samurai" lasers though, slice and dice everything in sight! :cool: