Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Nichia NUBM34T 115W 455nm GB.....Who wants to " Do the DEW " ???

Well...I must be Bored, Masochistic and just plain Stupid....But...JUST a feeler....Who wants to do a GB for the

Nichia NUBM34T 115W 455nm Array ???????????????????

I have no idea what degree of price break we could generate....depends on the number of players !!!

Myself and Redcowboy are interested.... Please indicate an interest in this thread !!! Go big....or Go Home !!!

Best price I can see......So far with no GB.......$ 342 per Array from Techood

CDBeam

Last edited:

Encap

You can get one for $342 from Techhood on ebay which is likely a lower price than 10% off or so that you might get in a GB quantity price for a significant number of pieces + none of the money and shipping troubles of doing a GB: https://www.ebay.com/itm/264717148252
They left the T out of the description--you can ask if it is NUBM34T which is what it seems to be, if interested

Last edited:
The T from what I understand just means Test sample which the modules with tin pins wouldn't be as they are no doubt pulled from equipment, I would like a virgin with clean pins but those can also be uninstalled stock........the only difference I could see is if the test samples had the best gang lens where as pulled modules could have gang lenses made to OEM specs ..........I saw this with the nubm05,06,07,08,42,49,OA as some GBalls were better focused than others.

The nubm31 might be had for less and likely would work just as well for our purposes, I am thinking about a big homemade BE right after the intact gang lens as long as it's collimated/focused as well as the one in Drakes video

I have all kinds of concave/expanding lenses some even AR coated and some pretty wide reasonably long FL output lenses to make a big BE

SANY4757.JPG

I really want to make a knife edge array using BDR-209's .....something like 15 by 15 or 20 by 20 as they don't need correction and have good reach and will pack together nicely too...........I keep thinking if we can find an array like these of 405's used for something like pumping LEP spotlights then that could be a joy to repurpose..........really though I expect a 405 array would be MM if used to pump LEP so pretty much have to make that one ourselves, anyone know where to get a few hundred 0.75w single mode 405's for a dollar a diode ? Oh and single ele glass for about the same lol.

Hell 300 bucks for 100w of anything vis with a basic lens set is hard to pass on......how come everyone isn't wanting two ? OH yea, nobody's working covid19............but later we won't have time to play sooooooooo Hurry up before I order myself.

Last edited:
I sent a text to Techood and Existotem...asking about discounts for multiple purchases. We will see !!! I have no idea what they may offer !!.....One would think....Something !!! CDBeam

They are both the same person IINM but it can't hurt to ask both.

I would like one with the same gang lens focus as in drakes video which should be usable with a big home-brew BE, I just would hate to end up with something that had a crappy focus gang lens and have to make a 24 lens grid that costs more than the array.

Along with the Osram, 31 and 34 there is also a nubm36 @ 105w rating, I am most interested in how well collimated it is.

Well...I will review the Drake video...Does he specify which Array.....I just assumed it was the Nichia NUBM34T 115W 455nm Array ??
Do we have any reports that the Nichia NUBM36 105W 455nm Array has less astigmatic geometry per individual LD than the NUBM34T ???
MMMmmmm...????? Can we live with 10 LESS WATTS :unsure::unsure::unsure:😭😭😭 Dunno ??? HAHAHAHA !! Think about for a moment !!! 10 less Watts !!!
I suppose it depends on the trade off's involved....very odd conundrum indeed !! CDBeam

Drake/Styro said his is rated @ 95w

Looking at the pics the 31 and 34 look the same on the outside, may be the same with just a different rating different part number.
I see a number " 0 "on both gang lenses molded in to the glass and an oval imprint, both look the same from what I can see, I'm inclined to go with the less expensive unit but would prefer NEW although Techhood has the 31 listed as refurbished for 279.00 and Exostism has it listed as NEW for 300.00, both are the same exact tin pin pic.The 34 pics are different pics but look like the same build from what I can see.

RC, Styro purchased his array in 2019 when no 34T (24 beams) was still available, so he only could have bought 31T (with 20 beams) back then.

About GB feeler: I would wait until more models come to light, now a new model seem to appear on ebay every month, otherwise we could be in a situation of someone who bought nubm05 array for 600usd while 1 year after nubm08 was available for 300usd. Also, on ebay pictures I only see 34T tin-pin, so they cannot be new as seller pretend...and maybe I do not trust words such as refurbished?

My view is maybe could each one of you buy one unit of every different model and post pictures of spots at 5m distance?
I did it with Osram block, likevii did with 31T.

This would help one day to do a GB based on experimental knowlegde and not just on mental expectations.

I was thinking I would wait as well but I am getting the itch.

Interesting the clean pin nubm31 has a pic showing 20 and the tin pin nubm31 shows a pic with 24

Also the nubm36 shows 20 while the nubm34 shows 24

It's possible the tin pin nubm31 is the wrong pic.

Well...Techhood responded last nite and said only limited quantities are available...SO...NO GB !! AND....They were not sure about future availability !!!!!! OR...They were Bull Sh!ting us....for they know this is new and in demand !! Very Possible....SO..That ends that...for now !!

I agree.....not enough is known about these 20~24 gang units.. SO...which one may be best suited for our desired attributes ??????? AND...Price may drop substantially.....or....the surplus may evaporate !!! Many variables !! I suppose we are on our own !!!

Throw in the possibility that these gang units may undergo a progression in design....improved efficiency, more concentrated propagation...etc ???
As always...being an Early Adapter....has it's + and - !!!!!!

CDBeam

Last edited:

tedcs

Drake/Styro said his is rated @ 95w
Looking at the pics the [NUBM]31 and [NUBM]34 look the same on the outside, may be the same with just a different rating different part number.
[...]

To clarify matters a bit:
(Don't believe the pictures.)
The device I purchased on ebay was listed as NUBM34T. The product label is NUBM34:
IMG_0667 50.jpg
On eBay and AMAZON, pictures don't always match the product offered.
The had caused me some WTF moments now and again.
The pictures I posted on the 445nm forum 05/08 are of this device: NUBM34 which has 24 diodes, the gang collimator has 24 lenses.
Hold-down screw marks on the base plate suggest the device was installed, previously.
A few of the diodes deliver less output than the others. I suspect that it may have been removed from equipment for this reason.
For my purposes it matters little.

Last edited:
I would love a bank like this with NUGM03 dies.

Been looking for that myself.

-------------

Four nubm44's corrected and knife edged then focused to point through a beam expander would be more useful than this cluster could be with simple methods like I intend to do ( a big BE )...........now if you plan to do a lot of work then the cost is not an that much of an issue because you will likely spend more on custom optics to make proper use of 20-24 beams.

These are unwieldy by design and this is another reason why we must make use of them. :) but most of all they are cost saving for the makers, that gang lens saves a lot, it looks formed which is so much cheaper than grinding 24 lenses, AR coating them and mounting them, gluing on a formed gang lens saves the makers time and money and as the old mercury bulb is phased out laser and LED units will come down in cost and 2 year old low hour units will be cheap, I think this cluster signals that transition but we shall see.

I expect the OEM pays about the same for a block of nubm08 as these clusters and where the grey market gets them from the assembly line and trash bin in case of the rejects cost then the same of the old blocks that are for sale @ 150.00

That said we should and will support the market because we don't want to wait.

AquaticHarpy

I'm in if you can get a lower price than buying one off ebay :) Been wanting one of these guys.

I bought the Osram array and the beams are poorly focused via. the gang lens, next time I will get a N-brand array as they look to be better collimated. Here's mine with an additional lens.....it is usable for desktop burning but not so much cutting, not with just a simple lens, maybe a very short FL........but the far field didn't look as good as the nubm31 and there's a lot of overspray.
SANY5312.JPG

Last edited: