Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

NEWEST member list

New today is member 'watt'

as anyone sees more new members PLEASE post thier usernames in this thread.

I am requestiong that admin somehow can provide us with a daily list of new folks-- so we can PM them with our personal welcomes AND at the same time give links to stuff they REALLY need to know ASAP

so PLEASE compose your standard welcome post and keep it handy to send to EACH new member-- there can NEVER be too many of these--

& we can suggest links all day but there is no way IMO we can force them to go to these links and REALLY read-- with lots of PMs I hope we can change this- and get lots in return== less arrests- incident reports- and harmed or even killed!!!- To many laser dot + gun with laser-- road raggers will respond to lasers with handguns and police are within thier 'rights' to respond to preceived danger with deadly force..

Just remember to be nice--and also send them a friend request FIRST.

you may also suggest that they add thier location into their profile and make an 'intro' thread in WELCOME BEFORE doing anything else here..

:thanks:
in advance for all the help-- Len

USAbro

Very good Hak, we can never go too far for safety. We don't need people ruining it for all of us.

ARG

There's a list right here in the bottom left already:
8a1Lxi6.png

AWESOME Alex

that gives us 14 others to contact- and a side benifit may be less work for the mods too.
win win win I SAY

OF THE 15 above ONLY 5 have already made posts= so that gives us 10 who cannot have possibly gotten off to a bad start here== 10 we can persuade to play safe and NEVER EVER do ANYTHING that hurts people or the forums--
---
BTW , people--- we can send a PM to as many(iirc) as five at a time- so you can reach all ten with just two PMs - these are the targets we need to hit- IMO very few who have been here for some time need to hear about all this ---its the new members( & their friends) that need advice the most--send them a friend request followed by a PM that steers them down the right path-- THIS is the tme to let them all know that ignorance of the laws means nothing-- one would think that common sense would be enough but I guess not..

lets send out some PMs NOW!!

hak

here you go
easy to copy each five and paste into just 3 PMs

watt; muniorbust; fabiovungo; cantunicholas; shad6786

NOTE--shad6786 and cantunicholas have blocked incoming PMs so forget them=

JosiahGarza; alamat; mas; garciaw; rumblebee

moonphish; RobertKr; mporius55; passportlicense20; PoppyAnn

REMEMBER be both friendly but firm--coming on too hard may not work well with all new members-so be nice..

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
8a1Lxi6.png
[/QUOTE

ARG, is that new member list available to everybody, my screen only shows the latest New member (watt).

ARG

8a1Lxi6.png

ARG, is that new member list available to everybody, my screen only shows the latest New member (watt).

It should be, check the drop down menu under top posters.

Fxo8ch6.png

AWESOME Alex

that gives us 14 others to contact- and a side benifit may be less work for the mods too.

Probably around 12 actually, I banned a couple of them for spam.

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Damn, yep it's there. I didn't even know that drop down was there. :yabbem:
I had only been looking at the very bottom of the page.

Thanks ARG. :beer:

Why not make it mandatory to read a small lecture when registering? To prevent them from skipping it make them take an exam and have the mods grade it, no?

Edit - Yeah bad idea, thanks greenlander

Last edited:
Why not make it mandatory to read a small lecture when registering? To prevent them from skipping it make them take an exam and have the mods grade it, no?

That might deter a lot of people from joining if the first thing they see is a quiz to join the forum right off the bat :D

Just my $0.02

-Alex

Last edited:
If we could make it compolsory to make a welcome thread to every member and only be able to post in that thread for a day
or two then after that they are wide open to post where they want, it would give us a couple days to enforce some safety aspects etc,

But i just think we could scare away some "Future Assets" to LPF if we hassle them upon arrival via Pm,
IDK............

Last edited:

USAbro

If we could make it compolsory to make a welcome thread to every member and only be able to post in that thread for a day
or two then after that they are wide open to post where they want, it would give us a couple days to enforce some safety aspects etc,

But i just think we could scare away some "Future Assets" to LPF if we hassle them upon arrival via Pm,
IDK............

Good idea, can we take action?

If we can convince all new members to enter their location AND make an 'intro' thread
... Each new member should be getting a PM from members who are close.
Anyone can start a social group like I did with 'Lone Star Laser Fans'
Pointing out the many benefits like free LPM use or hands-on help , we can push the safety info at the same time w/o coming on 'preachy'-- a BTW or FYI thing- with a link to LPS.com No doubt reading lots there is by far the BEST 'eye opener' to those not informed.. That is why I started the thread in the WELCOME section where we have been pasteing quotes- and mug shots-- you read what they did and what they said and what happened in court..from LPS.com ...not just our opinions or feelings.
AND because some will never click the links and read we have pasted these in our thread -- NOT just a link--
I like all the posts both pro and con== I see one new member asking what has happened to minors arrested-- He is likely young and wants to know==that's great.
That is why I have started more than one thread--

try this
If you see a new member who has not added their location into their profile ask them to do that and explain why it can be both important and helpful to them also.
We cant reach out to them as 'being local' if we dont know their location.
AFAIK the only down side to this would be if some pervert came here to find prey.

IIRC a few years back we DID have a member who was a convicted perv.
And he got the boot very quickly.

Thanks too all for the help and PMs I agree with almost all.

keep them coming.. hak