Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Newbie here with a couple ideas/questions

Hi , just wondering why we can't have a section called newbie section? We already have a section called the Veterean's section. In the newbie sections it could be started out with safety first, the tools of the hobby,then project tutorials from the more senior ones that have been done that are a challenge but not over the top. Make it a point to prove that a certain level of projects be completed before you have the privaledge to post past the newbie section.Simple task that have to be read and sighned of on, or completed before the move on to the next step. Also a stupid question section, since the is no such think as a stupid question, a better way than telling the newer guys use the search feature. Make the stupid question just a place that if a question is asked , the only answer the should expect would "none" unless a senior member is passing buy and maybe remembers a situation he experieced that might contribute to a answer beinging asked But from the new guys side just a question to put out the if answer or not no harm no foul. This might help with the repeat newbie questions, if no atleast there would be a centrally located for this. Just a couple of ideas to ponder thanks. This could help with situatuions were the newbie has pleanty of money resources, and minimal build squils butting out a item that not only has false advertisng about it, but also could be a hazard to the consumer thought he bought this, safe we made product, but instead received something no were what is was to be. Thanks Matthew

Oh yes, there is such a thing as a stupid question. A stupid question is a question that with a little effort one can find the answer on their own.

This whole forum for newbies. Go over to Photonlexicon and you'll see how much of a newbie forum this is. Its easy, all the info is out there. All you do is have to take the time to read it. No special skills required.

Howdy Matt and welcome to the forum :wave:
Have fun and be safe ;)
Maby you could start up something like what you are
describing there and take a poll and see if people want such :whistle:

Welcome to LPF! This site really caters to the Noob's already; despite how some newcomers feel when the Vets jump on Them over Safety and Stupidity or rudeness. BY all means open a Poll like Pyro says if You want.

Welcome, you will see there are simple answers all over the place on this forum just look around some......

[*]"I think newbies are impatient and want there answer now and feel over whelmed when they type there question in and see 20 responses (all telling them what to do:banghead: ) but they see the list and don't even click through it enough to gain anything and give up...:crackup:"

Hello thanks for the responses. I am just excited and probably a little impatient to learn about this new hobby. There really is no need for a poll about this I just want to make sure everything goes well for my first build. I will use bhwollens tutorial for my first build and go from there. Just need to slow down a bit and give it a try. Thanks

See why can;t all the newbies be like you. :beer:

If you can't find something and you tried just post your question.