Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Newbie get duped?

As has been mentioned order a good pair of protective glasses ASAP. A reflected beam can burn a hole in your retina faster than you can blink. If you are burning a piece of wood the back scattered light will give you eyestrain (think snow blind)-so again you need goggles. I have both a blue 450 nm and a green 532 nm Gatling. I have appropriate Eagle Pair protective lenses. I also have various Sanwu lasers in the 1-2 Watt range. As GSS and others said the heatsinking is poor so keep to short duty cycles.

Bleddyn

I bought a 500mw green laser about 7 years ago and like it. I just ordered a 30,000mw blue laser from China on the cheap. I'm now wondering if such power even exists?

Can this be legit?

Ponz
I just received my Aluminux Laser today and my initial thoughts are that this laser is incapable of igniting....anything. It is however quite capable of blinding you, it is the brightest laser I have ever seen, so I have some safety goggles on order. Now....since this unit did not arrive with batteries,. I used a couple that had been laying around for months had never been charged since they were bought so....it is possible that the batteries were too low in charge to do much more than allow a simple laser light. So once I get the batteries at full charge, I will let you know how it performs. And just FYI, the laser warning label states that it is a <200 mW laser at 532 nanometer. I already knew it was not a 30 watt laser, that is just...frankly speaking, dishonest advertising. I will chime back in when I get the batteries fully charged. I do have access to a laser lab or at least the laser safety guy has a laser power meter, but I am not going to go through all that because I don't care...I just want it to light paper on fire. I bought it for an emergency survival kit I am putting together.

OK, batteries confirmed at the proper voltage and as I suspected it is a 200 mW green laser. It is extremely bright, but it is pretty much useless to me unless I can figure out a way to mount it on a crossbow or firearm, but then again would you trust your life with a device made by a thief? I might check a few things like coherency at distance.

Last edited:
Reactions: GSS

GSS

Bleddyn, this 532nm you bought is probably doing anywhere from 60mW to 80mW+
Yes it's bright and green is what the human eye see's the best.
A 532nm laser is about 10 times as bright compared to a 445nm of the same power.
I'm curious what host your 532 is in?

Ponz

Well, it's been 6 weeks and I still haven't received it. I filed a claim with my credit card company and should get my money back!

Ponz

Bleddyn

Well, it's been 6 weeks and I still haven't received it. I filed a claim with my credit card company and should get my money back!

Ponz
Not trying to sway your refund but I ordered mine on January 7 and received it on 19 February, so I suspect it will arrive any day now....or not.

Ponz

Guess what? It came today! Guess what else? It won't even get warm, no less burn anything!

Ponz

Bleddyn

Bleddyn, this 532nm you bought is probably doing anywhere from 60mW to 80mW+
Yes it's bright and green is what the human eye see's the best.
A 532nm laser is about 10 times as bright compared to a 445nm of the same power.
I'm curious what host your 532 is in?

"I'm curious what host your 532 is in?"

That question is way above my pay grade.

GSS

If its a 532nm its more for brightness and star pointing at night.
Maby its doing 70mw to 80mw. Really won't feel it burn you skin.
You can maby light a black tipped match..

Ponz

Came today. GREEN not BLUE and doesn't burn anything! Nada. Nothing.
Ripoff!

Hi Ponz
Sorry to hear about your disappointment with your purchase
Those Chinese sellers not all but some over rate theirs products
Sanwu would have been a better bet or a customer built laser
That also depends what you can afford to.
Rich:)