Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Newbie get duped?

Lagomorpha

That is the ubiquitous Gatling host that is sold by many people in China. It is, without a doubt, one of the worst hosts you can buy for any laser. I doubt it is above 1 watt. Even there it is not enough heat sink for long run times. Run, do not walk, away from this deal.
For sure, I sorta figured as much, which is why the one I have coming was basically free because I got it with refunded wish Cash. Nonetheless I am really excited to see how it turns out. There were three tier options for each color, each one of the 450nm ones being a dollar more than the previous. So I figured for that difference, I might as well choose the highest one, but I am sorta assumingthe only difference between the three tiers is probably the price and just the price. However, I am indeed hoping for more power than what I've got but I'm I'm deffinately not getting my Hopes up.

Snecho

For sure, I sorta figured as much, which is why the one I have coming was basically free because I got it with refunded wish Cash. Nonetheless I am really excited to see how it turns out. There were three tier options for each color, each one of the 450nm ones being a dollar more than the previous. So I figured for that difference, I might as well choose the highest one, but I am sorta assumingthe only difference between the three tiers is probably the price and just the price. However, I am indeed hoping for more power than what I've got but I'm I'm deffinately not getting my Hopes up.
Take a sip,
Roll the dice...

tmoney321

Ive seen multiple videos of the eBay gatling 450s metering around 1-1.2W, but I dont know if thats what the current ones being sold do or where you got yours from. It also seems that the red/green versions are usually underwhelming at around 100/200mW respectively - which would be a waste when you can get a 303 for $8 that does that.

I would guess they all originate from the same place in China, but have no idea what options are available to sellers buying wholesale. There was a eBay account located in NJ that had them consistently, but recently sold out. I almost bought one for fun but decided to put the funds towards the 462-465 I want next or an LPM.

Some of these come with acrylic lenses. If yours does, it will likely melt. How fast will depend on its output power.

GSS

If you go to this thread https://laserpointerforums.com/threads/ebay-laser-watchdog-group.101527/page-13 I posted a pic of my gatling laser burning wood. I mailed the laser to GSS today to test the output so we should know Monday or Tuesday at least what my unit does. The diode in yours might or might not be different. I think you're going to like it though.
Crackula, I know I asked you in the PM but just double checking.
You said the batteries go positive towards the tail cap. Anyone else with a Gattling type have the same battery polarity that "isn't" a single battery 532?

Lagomorpha

Ive seen multiple videos of the eBay gatling 450s metering around 1-1.2W, but I dont know if thats what the current ones being sold do or where you got yours from. It also seems that the red/green versions are usually underwhelming at around 100/200mW respectively - which would be a waste when you can get a 303 for $8 that does that.

I would guess they all originate from the same place in China, but have no idea what options are available to sellers buying wholesale. There was a eBay account located in NJ that had them consistently, but recently sold out. I almost bought one for fun but decided to put the funds towards the 462-465 I want next or an LPM.
Mine came today and SEEMS more powerful than my 1.6(give or take) watt Thor H series. I am eventually (either after my income starts coming in, or I will just charge it sooner) going to send mine to Paul for the legitimate tested output. Mine lights matches on fire without even lighting the head and my Thor doesn't seen to do that.

Mine came today and SEEMS more powerful than my 1.6(give or take) watt Thor H series. I am eventually (either after my income starts coming in, or I will just charge it sooner) going to send mine to Paul for the legitimate tested output. Mine lights matches on fire without even lighting the head and my Thor doesn't seen to do that.
Does yours take batteries with positive toward the tailcap?

Snecho

I sent my gatling to GSS to be tested and told him the batteries go in positive toward the tail. He said it was unusual for a blue laser. I was just curious to see if yours was configured the same way.
Practically all no name cheap Chinese blue lasers have positive at the tailcap

When building a handheld laser it is, more often than not, that the battery polarity is positive toward the lens. As long as the case pin isn't one of the active elements of the diode you can set them up either way. IIRC, the Thor H2 I have does have the batteries positive toward the tail. I'll have to check that later when I get a chance.