Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Newbie, but long time reader.

Hey, just thought I'd drop my first post and say hi to the community.
From Canada, Vancouver island to be more precise. Been apart of the Canadian navy for 3 years out here so far and looking at buying my first greenie.

Currently looking at buying a 500mw green from skylasers to do a review on maybe sometime next week. Although the o-like 550mw looks interesting as well but I think I'll stick to the focus adjustment one from skylasers.

Main reason, I'd like to get back into astronomy, secondly, for my job and thirdly if I get time, perhaps play around with some light show stuff like at the clubs but for my living room haha!

welcome man.
good luck buying your first green laser, i'm awaiting for your review :)

Ash

If you are purchasing a green laser for astronomy purposes, you probably don't want more than 50mW.
If you are buying a laser for burning, melting, etc., you will need safety glasses.
Link or Link <-better
If your laser will not have an IR-filter, you will need multi-wavelength safety glasses for up-close burning.
Link

and,... Welcome to the forum
welcome.gif

ped

Follow Ash's advice , stay safe and have a good time on LPF

Thanks for the welcome! :)
Aye 500mw is alot for astronomy, but it's also gonna be tested out on my ship and also for personal leisure. I figure go big or go home! I'd love to get a high power greenie on my C7 automatic woot. Doubt that will happen tho.

I can't stress enough how safety is my number 1 concern. Grabbing 2-4 pairs of shades and this laser will be IR filtered. Mostly will be used in the middle of the pacific ocean anyways.

I'll post up some pics if I go out on a sail with this beast :)

Oh and btw, should be ordering by this friday depending on my schedule. Will keep everyone posted when it arrives and will post up a review, pics etc.

Last edited: