Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New version 2.1 Opus BT-C3100 "Dreamcharger" GROUP BUY @ $ 45, shipped via China Post

Re: New version 2.1 Opus BT-C3100 "Dreamcharger" GROUP BUY @ $ 45, shipped via China

I was on the first GB and my charger got seized and destroyed by customs. I'm pretty confident that's due to something GearBest declared wrongly on the form. I contacted them and they offered me a partial refund of $25 (will probably get paid during the next week). Not that bad, but I'm not taking my chances with them again.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Re: New version 2.1 Opus BT-C3100 "Dreamcharger" GROUP BUY @ $ 45, shipped via China

Damn, sorry to hear that.:cryyy: I hope I have better luck than that.
I can't imagine why customs would want to confiscate a battery charger!

Im still waiting for an item form a gearbest GB placed over 2 months ago. They aren't doing crap about it but keep saying they "want" to help. Will NEVER buy from them again no matter how good the price is

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter

Hey, you guys were supposed to post all of this information before I placed my order! ;)
Hopefully I'll get lucky and all will go well; I'll keep everybody informed.

There isnt many of us who haven't received our order but they keep sending me PMs asking for my order number, ive given it at least 5 times now and every time they say we want to help. Then it turns into a broken record, can we have your order number

IWIRE

Hey, you guys were supposed to post all of this information before I placed my order! ;)
Hopefully I'll get lucky and all will go well; I'll keep everybody informed.

No kidding ! My first order with them went so smooth and arrived so quickly I didn't even think twice about placing another. Now I'm concerned. Hope for the best.

I also was on the first GB and my charger took about 3 1/2 week to arrive, but I did get it.
Nice charger for the money, but the wait was a little long. Sad to hear of people's stuff getting seized. :>(

IWIRE

I received an email from them today saying mine shipped. Hopefully that is a good sign. I can't remember how long it took last time for shipping, seems like a couple weeks.

The email said they shipped the ones with the EU adapter. I ordered the U.S. version. Hopefully its just an adapter that goes on a U.S. plug or a mix up and they shipped what I ordered.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter

I also just got an email, showing that it had shipped. I don't mind the waiting, as long as it gets here.

IWIRE

The waiting doesn't bother me either except sometimes I wait so long for stuff I forget I had ordered it :)

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter

Good news, my charger arrived today! Looks as if it took the scenic route, China to the Netherlands to Michigan. Timewise it was only 16 days, not too bad.
It arrived in great shape with no damage. The box has had a label added to it, just under the BT-C3100 model number that identifies it as a V2.1. Hopefully it's a V2.1, and not just a relabeled box!

BTW - It did come with the U.S. plug. :yh:

IWIRE

Cool ! Congratulations ! Mine says it shipped from the Netherlands also.

I had opened a support ticket with them asking if they had shipped the U.S. version I had ordered. They responded the next day and said the email ship notice was wrong, they shipped the right chargers.

I didn't get any tracking updates until it hit New York a few days ago and none since.

I'm hoping it surprises me and shows up in a couple days.

Thanks for the update ! Enjoy your new charger ! I think they are a really good deal.

Edit 09/15/2014 : Mine showed up today, I would have had them two days ago but wasn't home to sign for them. They shipped the U.S. version like I ordered and they arrived in perfect condition. :)

Last edited:

My charger arrived today. I will post more when I get time on how it compares to the 2.0V. Either way I was happy with the 2.0V so it could only get better! This is charger does so much for such a good price.

IWIRE

Cool ! Glad you got it . I'm interested in what changed between the 2.0 and 2.1. They look the same externally to me except the 2.1 says Opus on it.

I'm leaving mine boxed up for a couple weeks. Too many toys, not enough time. Life keeps getting in the way of my play time. :)