Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

NEW TUNABLE DIODE LASER

Hi Guys, just thought that some of you might be interested in this. Could open up a whole new facet of our wonderful, interesting hobby ;) rob aka phoenix77 :cool:

Sponsored by TOPTICA Photonics AG
Tunable Diode Laser for 910 nm – 985 nm: DL pro 940!

Replacing expensive solid-state lasers, the DL pro 940 opens new worlds for
semiconductor spectroscopy. 0.1 eV tuning (0.2 meV modehop-free) and < 1 neV
(150 kHz) linewidth are a few of the record features making the DL pro
unique. Other wavelengths upon request.
http://www.toptica.com/page/ultimate_tunable_grating_stabilized_diode_laser_DL_pro.php?menu=136

I don't see how this is useful unless you amp up the power and lower the wavelength. At the moment we're looking at very expensive, rather weak NIR.

yes, but it's still an interesting technology - who knows, in a few years you may just be able to type the wavelength you want into a keypad ;D

To VI; Use thy imagination, Brother :-?
To MM; Exactly what I was thinkin' ;) rob :cool:

Zom-B

Look around for an OPO laser (Optical Parametric Oscillator)

I guess the easiest way to explain them is that they are oscillators, like a resonator cavity, with rotating cryatals in the optical path. Full visible spectrum lasers have been realized.

Expect a 10K-100K price though

Zom-B, Does that mean it would produce effects similar to the scanners, RGB etc, except that ALL the spectral colors would be displayed simultaneously ?

i would imagine you'd only be able to have one wavelength lasing at a time unless you had a cavity capable of multiple wavelengths (like an argon or a HeNe laser)

If somebody used one those crystals that they have in greens you could make it a tunable blue. ::)

--hydro15