Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New toy! Uniphase 1145P

I had a few, been selling them slowly. Mine is all original with a rebuilt psu. Does 25.5 mW now :)

I scored one of these heads for about $50 about a year ago. They are beautiful, and I can't believe the deal I got on it, even if it is doing a little under spec. :)

B1gm0n3yhustla

If there is anybody still here can you please help me out and explain in simple terms about what I have. Ok so I found this jds uniphase 1145p in a recycle dumpster today. I'm pretty sure it is brand new as it was wrapped in what seemed to be factory plastic. No box. But from what I found googling the model number. Was a couple people selling one on eBay for about $650 dollars and the manufacturer selling it for around $1000. What do you think the one I have is worth. And what can it be used for. I obviously don't have a power supply for it. What does it take to power

B1gm0n3yhustla

If there is anybody still here can you please help me out and explain in simple terms about what I have. Ok so I found this jds uniphase 1145p in a recycle dumpster today. I'm pretty sure it is brand new as it was wrapped in what seemed to be factory plastic. No box. But from what I found googling the model number. Was a couple people selling one on eBay for about $650 dollars and the manufacturer selling it for around $1000. What do you think the one I have is worth. And what can it be used for. I obviously don't have a power supply for it. What does it take to power
What does it take to power it ? I'm sure I can't just hook it straight to 120 volt outlet. Or like a 24vdc 6000 ma power supply right? And this would be a red laser? Any other info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
16200330142002408604345989258515.jpg ok thank you for the info. I actually remember seeing some other Equipment there as well so I am going over there now praying that it is still there. Maybe now that I kinda know what I'm looking at I might already have a power supply. Let me go check real quick brb

Last edited:
this thread started 7 years ago,, what you need is at Sam.s
tell us what is printed on the labels--also please use 'edit' to add more to the last post you made..
try not to double post or, as well' 'necro' post too.
I see you joined not long ago. Check out the Welcome/newcomers 'section'- my crystal ball sez- yes its red and it prolly does work and it will make 12mW-I have one btw BUT have not used it for years. just guessing about yours.
The PS can cost sometimes more than the laser-- since you found it,, feel better about buying the right PS and you will have a nice start on a HeNe/Gas laser collection-ask Sam if he has one to sell. (Sam's Classifieds)
(about powering) there is NO good way around this- leave the Alden plug alone and the PS must have the other 'half' of the Alden

welcome.. (from Texas)

this thread started 7 years ago,, what you need is at Sam.s
tell us what is printed on the labels--also please use 'edit' to add more to the last post you made..
try not to double post or, as well' 'necro' post too.
I see you joined not long ago. Check out the Welcome/newcomers 'section'- my crystal ball sez- yes its red and it prolly does work and it will make 12mW-I have one btw BUT have not used it for years. just guessing about yours.
The PS can cost sometimes more than the laser-- since you found it,, feel better about buying the right PS and you will have a nice start on a HeNe/Gas laser collection-ask Sam if he has one to sell. (Sam's Classifieds)
(about powering) there is NO good way around this- leave the Alden plug alone and the PS must have the other 'half' of the Alden

welcome.. (from Texas)

The 1145p is roughly a 4kv 6.5mA hene by spec when new. 21mW of red iirc. Power supplies for them are pretty expensive. That laser is pretty expensive if it’s in good shape, at least in theory. But most of them are well used by the time they hit the trash. You’d have to prove it is working and stable to get anything notable for it though, which takes alot of expensive equipment to do. I have a supply for these if you’d like one, but they’re not cheap.

Consider sending it to someone who will test it --then they send it back .

ultimatekaiser is one of the best experts we have here on these.​

He is in Colorado..
I do not recommend trying some other way to power it. The Alden plugs have another benefit.

atm I do not remember what I paid for the right PS. ... but as said--not cheap..
Sam has some info on buying--like ...if they say--untested- It is likely DOA.
If the seller had a PS or has one listed--bad red flag.....
No returns--another possible red flag.

GOOD LUCK----HK

Agreed. I posess all the requisite equipment and knowledge to test it. You need only pay for shipping. I can also sell you a power supply if you so desire, which would greatly increase its propective value if it is healthy.