Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New to the forums

MRNIZE85

Hello, after staying up really late the last few nights looking over many posts and reading ALOT Iam now signed up to further my curiosity and interest of lasers.

Iam a natural tinkerer and enthusiast of many things. Something about light and color has always been something I enjoy. I eventually want to build, or semi build a laser to my own, I think custom anything if possible is the way to go. Any who, I am looking forward to the topics and discussions here as well as learning which is just another benefit to the hobby.

I do not own any laser yet, mainly gathering info before I dig deeper lol.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Welcome to LPF, MRNIZE85! :)

Have fun, be safe, and enjoy your stay.

You are off to a good start, read, learn, and gather info. first, then build.

Welcome the the LPF. Glad to have you among us. I hope you can find what you are looking for. We are always here to help if you get stuck.

Encap

Welcome and enjoy the forum.

Safety is the most important aspect/key to laser ownership and use---have a read of the links below
Be sure to read the "stickys" in each forum to gain a knowledge of what they are about.
When in doubt ask. Members are more than willing to help new members. Ask for opinions about a particular laser before you go and buy it and become familiar with safety info here--will help you decide:
See Laser Hazard Chart here: https://www.lasersafetyfacts.com/resources/FAA---visible-laser-hazard-calcs-for-LSF-v02.png

If you want to learn about laser safety all of the detailed aspects are covered on this site is exceptionally good : https://www.laserpointersafety.com/

Last edited:

MRNIZE85

thanks and i just got done skimming xoul post regards to his eye.... wow never even new a laser can be that damaging. I just remember the red key chain lasers as a kid my Dad would tell me not to look at it and I happen to see his thread..

safety first. im just gonna order the goggles now. Itll just be my motivator to keep reading until build time.

Welcome to the Forum MRNIZE85...
There is a lot of free useful info on Lasers here
for the reading.

Enjoy your stay...

Jerry