Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New to having nice laser what to do with it

Ok so I just purchased a 50 Mw green laser 532nm from o-like and now I am bored with it because i don't know what to do I am going to make a Fbook event in my town and shine my laser across my town and see how many people will take a picture and share. Other then that I have no clue on what to do with it. Any ideas?

My advice to you is be extremely careful if you dare even do this. It's probably in your best interest not to shine an illegal laser across your entire city. Remember that O-like lasers do not meet FDA requirements and are not FDA approved. I do suggest that you share your experience with o-like and some pics of your laser. :D

Last edited:
Not a good idea. You should never bring attention to the fact you have a high power laser. Depending where you live it might even be illegal. In the US there is an $11,000 fine if someone turns you in. This is no joke.

Take a browse around the forum...there are plenty of projects that are safe, and fun to do.

Oh wow thanks alot guys lol that could have been bad I knew a laser over 5mw is illegal but not that illegal. What forum type would that be under?

I made something like this for a kid party last year
really easy to make
1 little mirror glued on electric motor on ac

Last edited:

DrSid

I made something like this for a kid party last year
really easy to make
1 little mirror glued on electric motor on ac

Or simple plastic diffraction grating .. :beer:

Last edited:
For very little $$ you can build quite a few EFX that make for nice videos-
the one used by Weekba is about as simple and low budget as you can get search Liquid Sky.
Others include Tunnel EFX- two or three(or more) motor/mirror spiro- and Lumia to name a few.

Cheap source for pars are thrift shops and yard sales-
FS mirror are inside Poliroid One-Step cameras- dont pay more than a dollar for these( no film= low value) they also have a nice 3vdc dc motor inside.
unlimted amounts of useful Lumia glass at these same locations( bring a pointer with you) textured glass- glass doorknobs- and so much more.
wired RC toys often have two controllable ( fwd and reverse plus speed) inside- almost instant spiro with very little wiring needed- put two together and you have a 4 motor spiro-- a clock motor can be used to turn lumia glass at 1 rpm- to most for lumia the slowest is the best.

OLD movie screens make a low power laser look much brighter- cheep at thrift shops- Discarded PCs have nice fans inside- and a PS too.

and window 'sheers' make nice small skrims for that 3d look.

If you have no fogger( best time to buy is coming soon-- they go on sale right after Holloween at major drug stores- seen a tiny one for 9.99$) but you can also use insense sticks- best efx are gotten with ALL ac/fans off- the less air movement the better the results-search at LPF 'Hak's tip o the day' for more ideas..

hak

Last edited:

Cel

make a review of the laser? And add some pics...

ok awesome thanks man sounds great
adding a second post two minutes later is double posting and a forum No-No
just click edit and add you second post to your first.. do uble post more and you will be called out for it--

BTW Double posting is OK if some time has passed and you want those who have subscribed to the thread to see your new post--

you can still undo your faux pas by using the edit--

welcome to the forums--did you do an intro thread in our Welcome section- that too is considered a good/proper thing at this forum-

Len

Off topic but. What makes it safe to shine lasers at people?
Reason im asking is. In clubs there lasers seem really powerful and they shine all over the place. Is it a filter used?

Thanks in advanced.
Regards