Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New to Blue/Voilet lasers. Some questions..

Tabish

Hello. I have green / red lasers so far. Highest is a green rated at 30 but pops balloons with ease.

I want to build a blue one myself !!!!!!

I have a soldering iron and some basic knowledge how to use it. (I build RC places)

Can someone tell me what items i would need and where i can get them ??
My budget is about 100$. Maybe higher if i can get lots of power.

If i can get 100-200mw that would be awesome. The more the better!: yh:

Tabish

Actually, I want to build something myself.

Where can i get good internals such as diodes and whatever else I would need for about 100$

Don't include casing/button/batteries etc in the price.

yes a 6x is better than a phr you must hook a driver to the diode piuns in order for it to work a 6x is 60.00 each so i would practicve on 803-t first

read the tutorial stickies or Jerry will get you (noob boogie man)
lol

That driver will work.

You will need a test load to set the mA. Also you will need a multimeter.

I think a PHR(or all blue rays) use about 4.5v. The driver uses 2.5v so you will need to input 7v. You wont need to make any changes to the driver besides turning the "thing" to get your mA.

Set a PHR to about 110 mA.

Tabish

Thanks for replying!!!!
So 2x 3.6v should do.

Whats a good test load for a phr ??

Check the same place you got your driver from... rkcstr has them. or if you dont feel comfortable soldering the small components you can get a pre-made one from here Laser driver dummy load - $10.99 : Modwerx Shop

I ran into a problem trying to set my mA on my driver because my batteries didn't supply enough current so make sure yours do.

Last edited:

Tabish

Awesome!!!!!! THanks for the reply. I ordered the dummy load. I dont really know enough about electronics to make one myself lol. (Well i probably can but radioshack is tooo overpriced here haha.)

When you get your dummy load you will still have to bridge the connection for blu. Your goiing to need to solder a tiny bit but it isnt hard, just bridge the two connections to complete the circuit for blu.