Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

NEW STOCK: The MS-Envy - 18650 Custom Laser Host

Re: All Gone: The MS-Envy - 18650 Custom Host (Restocking)

wait till you see what im going to do to mine to further customise it, im going to have all the customers of the ms-envy asking me to do it to theirs for them ^^

I just hope I can get mine before the end of next week.

Ill be leaving in a little over a week for a couple of weeks and and hoping to get this before I have to leave.

Re: Pre-Sale: The MS-Envy - 18650 Custom Host

I have included one, carefully cut to size and pressed in the pill with + & - wired up.. It was a 14mm Round contact board cant seem to find one so i had to cut round pieces of veroboard to make my own.. So im sure theres no need to use any other parts than a driver and a diode module, and offcourse batteries..

I was half out of it when I posted last night after work and forgot about this post. There wasn't one in the package with my host. I double checked today when I got home hoping I just missed it and no such luck.

Yeah I didn't have one either. I made one with a blob of solder for the + contact and a wire going out the hole.

Hmm. Wouldn't that cause a short or do you have an insulator in there too? I was just looking through my supply bin and found some copper sheeting I forgot I had. Some non-conductive double sided tape would work to insulate the pill from the positive connector. I need to get my DMM out and check to see if the diode I'm going to use is case negative or not otherwise I'll have to rig up a negative pad too.

Last edited:

Should remain insulated. There is no copper on the backside of this and the wire pinched in there has its insulation still on it.

sinner

Re: Pre-Sale: The MS-Envy - 18650 Custom Host

I was half out of it when I posted last night after work and forgot about this post. There wasn't one in the package with my host. I double checked today when I got home hoping I just missed it and no such luck.
Kinda messed up a few things and forgot that bit, In my defense i have them made but they missed the parcel that was being sent to SBA and we had troubles with JAD's , Not with the drivers infact they were fine, The customs didnt accept the half-wired kits and adviced to produce some additional paperwork/catalogs hence the slight delay! :tinfoil:

When did you send out my JAD-Kit?

Can't wait anymore :D

sinner

SBA is working on it, I think he's about to ship all the remaining JAD kits in a day or two.. I'll send you a pm after confirmation from him!

Hi all. I should have ALL of the JAD kits shipped out by the end of the weekend. Again, my apologies. I'm doing everything I can to get them to you and have them be perfect. I'll PM the members as they go out.

No problem man I just wanted know how it going

I was scared that the costums have it :D

I'm on vacation from tomorrow for two weeks so I ve got time. :)

Btw perfect is ... perfect for my purposes ;)

No problem man I just wanted know how it going

I was scared that the costums have it :D

I'm on vacation from tomorrow for two weeks so I ve got time. :)

Btw perfect is ... perfect for my purposes ;)

i agree... nothing wrong with perfect lol...

im just glad to hear it was customs stopping the kits and not an issue with low quality or broken drivers being used....

Hmm. Is there a trick to getting the pill all the way in? I came up with a way to make the positive and negative contacts but when I slide the pill in the battery sticks out almost to the top of the threads on the back of the host. I tried pushing it with along screw driver just to make sure it was all the way in and it didn't move so I assume it was all the way in.

Hmm. Is there a trick to getting the pill all the way in? I came up with a way to make the positive and negative contacts but when I slide the pill in the battery sticks out almost to the top of the threads on the back of the host. I tried pushing it with along screw driver just to make sure it was all the way in and it didn't move so I assume it was all the way in.

I have been wondering this myself. Haven't built mine yet as I'm awaiting my diode but have had similar thoughts. My plan was to either file down the ridges on the outside of the pill or get a small metal tube and press it in with a vice. Maybe one of those options will work for you?

Last edited:

sinner

The pills goes all the way in with a vice, I have a C-Clamp that i used it took a little bit of force and patience but it's good to know the driver is heatsinked knee's deep!

So are the rest of these going to be going out this weekend?