Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

new stainless 12x 600mW

i liked the look of the ss and brass kit offered here:

http://laserpointerforums.com/f39/s...s-just-add-diode-driver-60-shipped-76028.html

just imagine a class IV 405 coming out of that tapered focus ring:D
had to do it
i set a microboost to 510mA, did a little soldering, screwed in an aixiz 3 element lens and we have LIGHT
i like building the red single mode and the 405 diodes for the awesome beam specs. seeing that thin ass beam and little spot just trips my trigger!

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

Last edited:

Nice, I need to put my blu ray back together. I stole the driver for another build and I ended up killing my diode trying to put it back together with a spiking driver. I have a micro boost now at around 500mA so I'm going to see if I can get 600mW+ out of a new blu ray diode to add 405 back to the collection.

Last edited:
Nice, I need to put my blu ray back together. I stole the driver for another build and I ended up killing my diode trying to put it back together with a spiking driver. I have a micro boost now at around 500mA so I'm going to see if I can get 600mW+ out of a new blu ray diode to add 405 back to the collection.

I've done this... on mutiple occasions:whistle:

Looks really cool Cheech, nice job on the build man! :beer:

hey thanks guys! these 12x diodes are my favorite. just awesome specs and burn like hell. it would be nice to have a watt or more like the 445's but still single mode. i like the host. evidently few do. it was a roomy build and has plenty of heat sink for this setup. i'm gonna pull this from bs+t and sell my jayrob rl-118 ss kit build instead. i don't need 2 12x lasers.

Last edited: