Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New Raffle !  NEW NOVA X-85 !!!  WITH CA

S

SenKat

Re: New Raffle !  NEW NOVA X-85 !!!  WITH CA

2/3 of the way there now ! :) Ooooo so what do you guys think about the Tritium idea ?

SenKat said:
2/3 of the way there now ! :)  Ooooo so what do you guys think about the Tritium idea ?

sure do it, definetly do it if you pick my ticket!! wink wink ;) ;D ;D

So uh... Tritium is like a radioactive gas right... isn't that a bit dangerous?

It is radioactive, but there is not much at all in the vial and the amount of radiation in it is not near enough to harm us. Heck a can of No-Salt brand fake salt will put out more radiation than that, and we eat that. Even a small part of our own body is radioactive (traces of Carbon 14). But yeah that stuff isn't dangerous at all.

Zander

Re: New Raffle !  NEW NOVA X-85 !!!  WIT

That Tritium idea is really cool, I'd for sure want that.

S

SenKat

Google it !  There is more Tritium in Tritium watches ( it replaced a radioactive material that WAS causing health issues...I THINK it was radium ??) than there is in one of these vials - they glow BRIGHT though !  I bought a LOT of it, and have even more coming now, I plan on Tritifying almost anything I can get my hands on !

Although Radioactive and indeed a fuel that can be used in nuclear Fusion, Tritium gas will not harm you in small quantities, even if you were to inhale it. It only emits "Alpha" radiation, that is high speed electrons. and the tritium vials work by the high speed electrons exciting a Phosphor coating on the Vial, causing them to glow.

I have a blue Vial on my keyring and it is awesome, very bright at night.

It will probably glow for about 25 years, as Tritium has a half life of about 12 years

Jase

T

timelord

SenKat said:
This the the block to watch for tickets purchased, and the ticket numbers ! I will reply to each paypal email, and then post it here as well.

ZANDER - 1 Ticket # 738023
LAZERLOVER - 1 Ticket # 738024
GJW - 2 Tickets # 738025 and 738044 (CPF)
STEVETEXAS - 3 Tickets # 738026, 738027, 738028
TIMELORD - 5 Tickets # 738029, 738030, 738031, 738032, 738033
ACRO-II - 1 Ticket # 738034
CHIMO - 2 Tickets # 738035 and 738036 {sorry I was an idiot !}[ask CHIMO]
FIXORATER - 1 Ticket # 738037
MEGAHURTS - 2 Tickets # 738038 and 738039
LASERFAN - 3 Tickets # 738040, 738041, and 738042
N00B - 1 Ticket # 738043
DAEDAL - 1 Ticket # 738045
Bump ;)

SenKat: You're right, radium is toxic and probably the reason it's discoverer, Marie Curie, died.

Tallaxo: You're almost right, but alpha radiation (2 protons + 2 neutrons) is larger (safer) than beta radiation (just electrons). :p

david7700 said:
SenKat: You're right, radium is toxic and probably the reason it's discoverer, Marie Curie, died.

Tallaxo: You're almost right, but alpha radiation (2 protons + 2 neutrons) is larger (safer) than beta radiation (just electrons). :p
Hey I am nearly 40, those Chemistry lessons were a long time ago. ;D ;D ;D

Jase

Gerald

Greg,

You plan on selling any of those trinium things? I want to get a white one but cannot seem to find it ANYWHERE in Singapore :(

S

SenKat

Nope - I have no plans on selling Tritium - they are difficult to purchase, and would be very difficult for me to make anything off of the sale of them ! I am including a green vial with the prize for this raffle, though - to keep on topic, you should purchase a raffle ticket and try your luck at winning this laser ! :cool:

S

SenKat

26 tickets sold so far - if the other 4 sell before Friday, then the Drawing will be done on Friday ! If not, it ends when the 30th ticket gets purchased, per my original post. Good luck everyone ! I actually won a raffle on CPF this evening - so I KNOW if can be done ! That's my first raffle ever that I have won ! Woooo-hoooooo !

S

SenKat

THAT puts us at 29 tickets sold now ! 1 more ticket to sell, and the drawing will be held on Friday ! Get your chances in while you can ! :eek:

S

SenKat

Thirty tickets have been purchased now !!! Woooo-hoooo ! This raffle will be drawn on July 3rd, at 8pm CST. Good luck to all - there is still time to get more tickets if you want to !

:cool: