Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

new pics 8/24

mwang

Wow, great work!! Love these pics. That's a bunch of lenses! What camera are you using?

gismo

From this weekly "laser show" I like the first and eleventh picture mostly. Simple and powerful:).

Will get some pics myself next weekend, improvisation is my best friend right now:D.

Looking forward for your next gallery pick, Brucemir!

Off-topic: I want the 589nm 80mW badly, too. Will wait how the final prices of the GB turn out in the end. 473nm is one of my goals to achieve by the end of this year. One or another, can't be both:(

Same situation :undecided: I also absolutely love the first and eleventh pic though :beer: great work

Thanks to all!

Mwang - I use a Canon SX40 camera

Hi Gismo,
I hope wannaburnstuff can talk down CNI to 600 instead of 650 but I will be getting an 80 mw 589 regardless. I got my 473 nm 30 mw last year and it is also a great color. You can't go wrong either way. My 473 is in many of the pics above, a beautiful color! I know when I do get the 80mw It is powerful enough to be used in conjunction with my other lasers so it gives me a lot of other options to photograph. As I said about the first photo I posted in this group, a 5mw 589, even though a great laser, it is very limited when used with more powerful lasers when photographing. I look forward to seeing your pics when you post them next week. Usually everyday I daydream about different ways to photograph my lasers and on Saturdays I make it happen. Otherwise I would be laying on the couch watching TV. Have a good one!

Wow your pics just keep getting better! I think Ive said it before, but that yellow is stunning and it balances the colours nicely! +1 if I can

Edit: Just wondering how you set it all up. Its actually quite dangerous with all those reflections and your glasses wont cover all wavelengths so do you set each colour up individually with goggles first and then close your eyes for the pic? ;) Or perhaps view it all through a video camera lcd to set it up? :thinking: :beer:

Edit2: Favourites are 1 and 14! ;)

Last edited:
Hey Grainde,
I do set everything up one laser at a time. In fact I usually get everything set up Friday night , since it takes up to an hour to transform my garage into my work area and get the lasers mounted according to what I want to try to shoot. Obviously the more complicated the set up the longer it takes to set up. Then when I am done with my Saturday house cleaning (wife's orders) and other chores, I can start to shoot immediatley. Just warm up the fog machine and I am ready to go. My camera (Canon SX40) has an electronic viewfinder, which I do not use for shooting lasers, but also has a 2" screen that extends out (like a video camera) so with protective glasses and a baseball cap tilted down, it gives me good protection when getting everything set and and when photographing. I have not had any accidents since I have been doing this, but I realize it only takes one mishap so I try to be as safe as possible. I am able to view everything on the screen before I shoot. I had my last eye exam about 4 months ago and no change in my vision. Also, most of my lasers I use to photograph are not too powerful (but powerful enough if you check out my signature) I have found that very bright lasers are harder to photograph as they bleach out the color. My glasses are not good for red lasers but are good violet, green and blue lasers. I appreciate your safety concerns!

Ok great thanks for the info.:) When I was shooting the garden pics the other day, I was using my eagle pairs to set up the blue, green and violet and then using my hand as a shield when I turned on the red. I also had the eye closest the laser closed and used the other to navigate my way in the dark towards the camera and back again!:p So I was just wondering how you did it. ;) :beer:

PS will rep you later as I have to spread some first...

Last edited: