Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New pen style blue-ray...Home brewed :)

hydro

Hey Rog can your 78L05 Driver run an PHR-803T at 100mA? If possible what would your recommended setup for that? (current/voltage/parts values) The max output of the 78L05 is 100mA right, so is it possible to run it just with the bypass capacitor without the resistor?

Thanks

If the LD you refer to is a red, I would not use the 7805 as it is no good as in cc mode, I use it for blue rays as they take 4.5v.
I would suggest LM317 for reds which, in general, only need 3v

Regards rog8811

rog, sorry I did not specify but it's a BR. Thanks

I would guess yes then if it is 4.5v I am sure the reg will handle it, I have a wierd PS3 LD that I run with no resistor...
Is the one you refer to the X6 one I have been trying to avoid so that I don't bankrupt myself?

Regards rog8811

*Edit....I have thought a lot about my answer above....I still think you would be better with a cc driver, I have been playing with the one with no resistor and as it heats up it tries to draw more and more current.

Conclussion, 7805 perfect for the PS3 blue ray, not suitable for the higher powered ones that everyone is trying to get at the moment.

jaap75

Hi rog8811,

First of all, Nice built man ;)

Second, where did you find the 10mf (MilliFarad) 16v capacitor (ceramic or not>?), Because i can't find any small ceramic one's that would fit in a aixiz module. And are you sure that it isn't a 10µF (MicroFarad) capicator, because that a way more commen capicator.

And does why is it neccecery to be a 10mf (MilliFarad) 16v capacitor? Or can it be any capicator?

Thanks, Yoeri

where did you find the 10mf (MilliFarad) 16v capacitor (ceramic or not>?),
Sorry for my lazyness, I have tried to replace all the circuit diagrams when this was pointed out before, I should have written 10mfd as it should be micro farad...... If your question about finding cap's still applies I always get mine from ebay.

Regards rog8811

*Edit I can answer a question asked a couple of times on this thread. One Of the batch of these that sold on the forum has been measured at 15mw output ;)