Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New pen style 10mW blurays

I had been wanting to get one of these made for a while, finally gathered some resources and got the last of the parts in today :cool:

This is the prototype unit of the lasers I plan on selling more of in the future.
This laser will also be for sale at a price of $120USD including accessories.

Let me know your feedback, I would like to see what kind of interest there would be for these pointers.

Details:
Power output: >10mW
Batteries: Single CR2 (rechargeable)
Regulation: Boost circuit with current and voltage regulation (able to drain primary cells down to 0.8v before dropping out)
Focus: Collimated to infinity
Switch: Tailcap push on/push off
Duty Cycle: 100%
Accessories: 1 primary CR2, 2 rechargeable CR2 batteries, CR2 battery charger, case
Warranty: 30 days against defects in craftsmanship and materials

Click Image to Enlarge

Click Image to Enlarge

Click Image to Enlarge

Click Image to Enlarge

*I know this isn't buy/sell/trade but this was more to show the pointer than the fact that I am indeed selling it. A B/S/T thread will be made later for this purpose.

Isn't it Kenoms first laser barrel ? The second one really looks alike in chrome.

luke_j

very nice looking laser and 120USD sounds like a good price to who ever ends up buying it

Great job, that's a fantastic looking Blu-Ray at a very reasonable price!

Can someone post the spec of BlueFusions Blu-Ray ? I need to compare. When are you planning to sell them ?

Benm

That looks really nice - is the case from one of those DX30 mw CR2 greens?

The boost circuit sounds like a very good idea, but you should make precautions as to how far it will drain rechargeable batteries. Protected CR2's are rare if available at all, and this circuit will destroy unprotected cells by overdischarging them without the output power dropping (thanks to the regulation).

Btw, did you put the blu-ray in an aixiz module or did you use the existing mounting hole in the barrel?

wow!! awesome price for >10mw (tested?)!!

did u use a high exposure on the camera for the pics or is the beam that visible with light :/??

Benm said:
That looks really nice - is the case from one of those DX30 mw CR2 greens?

The boost circuit sounds like a very good idea, but you should make precautions as to how far it will drain rechargeable batteries. Protected CR2's are rare if available at all, and this circuit will destroy unprotected cells by overdischarging them without the output power dropping (thanks to the regulation).

Btw, did you put the blu-ray in an aixiz module or did you use the existing mounting hole in the barrel?

yes that is one issue with this laser - if you could find protected CR2s it would be better. Maybe just throwing the batteries on the charger after each long use would be recommended.

The bluray diode is mounted in an axiz housing which slides perfectly into the end cap - the green assembly isn't useful for much of anything

nikokapo said:
wow!! awesome price for >10mw (tested?)!!

did u use a high exposure on the camera for the pics or is the beam that visible with light :/??

yes the power output is tested - this unit measures in a bit above 11mW

exposures for those pics were not long, only about 1/4th second - only a bit of fog makes the beam really stand out
the beam is also somewhat visible outside at night

nice! I made the same thing but with a red burning diode.
I don't know how it is possible to run the diode with only 3 volt battery, since blu-ray works with 4,5 volt and often the current regolators requires 2 volt more to work.

JLSE

Scriabin said:
nice! I made the same thing but with a red burning diode.
I don't know how it is possible to run the diode with only 3 volt battery, since blu-ray works with 4,5 volt and often the current regolators requires 2 volt more to work.

Details:
Power output: >10mW
Batteries: Single CR2 (rechargeable)
***Regulation: Boost circuit with current and voltage regulation (able to drain primary cells down to 0.8v before dropping out)
Focus: Collimated to infinity
Switch: Tailcap push on/push off
Duty Cycle: 100%
Accessories: 1 primary CR2, 2 rechargeable CR2 batteries, CR2 battery charger, case
Warranty: 30 days against defects in craftsmanship and materials

Ace82

Did you get the boost current chip from DX?

You put my blu-ray to shame. Thanks. :mad: